Thread: Should I make my HW80 into .177" and my MK1 HW85 into .25", or vice versa?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah, I see you learned gents are leaning towards my initial view. Perhaps the clincher will be revealing the .177" is an HW98 barrel (barrel shortened but shroud still full length). I am thinking the 80 is heavy enough already without a shrouded barrel!.
    Cheers Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I had the pleasure of shooting Craig P's Hw95 with a hw80 barrel in .25 cal fitted.
    It was the best .25 springer I have shot..The tune on the 95 was non standard but it was super nice.
    I also have a Hw80 in .25 in standard tune and a Hw98 with a v- glide tune in .177 cal, I have been thinking about a barrel swap , just to see what the 98 would perform and feel like with the .25 barrel on.
    Both guns can be reverted back to there original spec's via a turn of a screw driver.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I had the pleasure of shooting Craig P's Hw95 with a hw80 barrel in .25 cal fitted.
    It was the best .25 springer I have shot..The tune on the 95 was non standard but it was super nice.
    I also have a Hw80 in .25 in standard tune and a Hw98 with a v- glide tune in .177 cal, I have been thinking about a barrel swap , just to see what the 98 would perform and feel like with the .25 barrel on.
    Both guns can be reverted back to there original spec's via a turn of a screw driver.
    Les..
    The turn of a screwdriver you say, what quick change cocking pivot pin are you using?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    The turn of a screwdriver you say, what quick change cocking pivot pin are you using?
    Cheers
    How long does it take you to remove a Hw barrel ??.
    Les..

Ah, I see you are talking about the barrel pivot pin. I thought you were referring to one of the qd cocking lever pivot pin thingies.
    Last edited by averageplinker; 16-11-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I've got a HW80 .22 & a HW95 in .177, easy to change the barrels over, just leave the cocking arm on. On the casual look out for suitable .20 & .25 rifles so I can fiddle around when I get bored.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I have an 80k in 25 tuned by LSD shoots lovely, so my vote for the 80 in 25