Thread: These new UKAHFT rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not all rules related but:-

30mm to 45 yards - great
    25mm to 40 yards - great
    10mm from 8 yards - 20 would be good, even better as a kneeler.
    Mini kills, oversized & undersized targets are all good ideas.
    I guess if the course is 'too hard' it could put people off, or will it, maybe they want the challenge & can't wait to get back to try again, it's a tough middle ground to find by course setters & I appreciate the work taken to make a good course a great course.

Up the peg shots are a good idea and having seen Gabriel grow a fair bit in the short time he's been shooting there can be issues for smaller youngsters, he has never taken a shot on a lane in a position not allowed & a few times his pellet has gone straight in the dirt because he couldn't get high enough OR he just couldn't see the kill zone, having said that I guess you could always come off the peg with an elbow, knee or leg. Case in point was a lane @ SHS yesterday (around lane 5 somewhere), there was a prone shot around 45 yards, you had to shoot between the juncture of two high tree branches in a V shape to a target even further behind, the lad in the group ahead of us was a very small junior & could not see over the V to even see the target so took the shot about a foot from the peg, we didn't hear any of the group suggest coming 'off peg' either (the last thing you think of, I also felt rotten for thinking of it too late to say anything), anyway he missed the kill as he wasn't supported by the peg.

I find that targets around 9 yards tend to catch a lot out as it can be half a mil diff than an 8 yarder, elevated, long & short shots, also thin the heard, tunnel or tube shots especially with the rear end covered over (cheers Simmmo)with braches then leaves make quite a tough target to see but I thought it's based loosely on 'hunting' in which case that scenario would happen 'out in the field' (also it's a fun shot )

Not telling people how to suck egg's so sorry if it sounds it but if you have trouble seeing close up shots this may help, when looking through the scope move the kill zone in the field of view from the centre to one of the outside edges, it will become a lot less blurry or get your team mates to 'flap the target string'.

Atb

Get rid of pegs
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

We were chatting about this on sunday whilst shooting a course. Setting smaller targets further out is going to make sod all difference to the top pcp shooters.
    Resting with butt on the floor, high mounts and long zero's means its a fairly basic shot for them. Unless there is a lot of wind, in which case you are relying on skill and a bit of luck to not get an unlucky gust or lull. So arguably not achieving much.

If people really wanted a change we could ban resting the rifle on the floor. Although i suspect there would be too many tears for that.
    Add more positionals? Certainly adds more 'skill' shots.
    Bring 15mm's in to 8 yards? Could work

How are the trials going?

Has anyone else tried the new tin pellets? ( very hard ) I think you need to angle the 8 yard targets slightly backwards to avoid them coming back at ya occasionally. There may come a time in the future when we have to use them.

i have to say that I am all in for changing things to make it harder in some respects like small kills coming in closer, going out further but have to say that if the discussions bout limiting the up the pegs shots are to be fair. Bare in mind that us purer spring gun shooters are to be given consideration seeing as there are many of us that have been actively trying to increase the our numbers competing then remember that we are not able to shoot off the ground although there are some exceptions to that rule. Even then when we do shoot off the ground we attract a lot of criticism about it, Therefore we have to shoot up the peg from the shoulder. Please do not exclude us that dont want to shoot with 2lb of lead attached to our barrels to so we shoot them like gay guns. as for increasing positional shots, there are many with disabilities that are already disenfranchised by unsupported postionals but that is the world we entered into. don't go changing the goal posts but give us a fighting chance to man up by making them supported at least.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Totally agree with points in cooper_dans post, #44

More postionals, bring the 15mm in closer and ban all ground resting.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post

If people really wanted a change we could ban resting the rifle on the floor. Although i suspect there would be too many tears for that.
    Add more positionals? Certainly adds more 'skill' shots.
    Bring 15mm's in to 8 yards? Could work

Those are valid suggestions. On the 'skill' shot subject surely having unsupported positionals is an easy solution to that? The Masters have 6 unsupported positionals and they got maybe only a couple of people each round getting all six.

Distances

Not just related to official UKAHFT shoots but to those being run to UKAHFT rules, why the obsession with measuring distances to the nearest inch...

Surely there should be a tolerance, could I suggest plus or minus 1 yard with the only exception being no less than 8 yards.

This comment is promoted by a recent shoot where a target got pulled as it was 6 inches out... .

Could it be the complainant missed it
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

"No part of the gun may touch the ground" sounds a really good idea

Hurumph.

Springers shooters are like springers.....noisy

If springer shooters want to get their scores closer to us poofters they need to up their game not try to drag ours down.....saying that I have been soundly beaten by several special needs...I mean springer shooters recently

Not sure why 90% of the attendees should have the way in which they shoot dictated by a few weirdos although thinking about it that does seem symptomatic of society today where the minorities rule.....

All said with my tongue firmly stuffed in my cheek
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...