Thread: These new UKAHFT rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have already given my opinion that things could simply be left as they are but I am curious as to why it is felt by some that courses need to be made more difficult?

Rule changes

Does it really need tinkering with? I'm also failing to see why. Has HFT become so easy it's boring everyone with clearances? Firmly of the pinion that "if it ain't broke"......

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    I think people have short memories. When I started the HFT section of my club, I bought enough targets to put out a course no 35mm, 20mm or God forbid 30mm targets. So a course of fire of 40mm 25mm and 15mm targets 10 set easy 10 set medium hard and 10 set challenging. Now I would argue there were very few clearances back then either. Also the number of HFT events on any one Sunday were far and few between. We now have events all over with lots of shooters country wide. What we now have is a very big pool of shooters that is growing and with that the skill level is increasing but more to the point the number of these top shooters is expanding. I think a lot of these shooters who travel for their hobby don't want to drive 200 miles to shoot a 36 yard 40mm kill 6 or 7 times on a 30 shot course. UKAHFT is evolving still and trying new things is to be commended 15mm pushed back from 8yds to 13yds, 25mm out to 40yds is in my mind a lottery shot with twitchy wind but lots of people love them 40mm supported kneeler out to 40yds and now a 35mm has replaced it. All changes over the years. So simply saying it doesn't need changing is in my opinion a bit short sighted I don't believe in easy targets I also don't believe that beginners want to shoot easy targets and you certainly can't put the easy targets(which back then didn't seem easy) out we did ten years or more ago. It is a competetive sport and as such competitor's have devised ways to allow them with their chosen kit to best play the game. Like using the parralla trick on the short ones so everything close is crosshairs and with a 40yd zero everything long is crosshairs. Super high mounts super low mounts. Let's get those 15mm closer again then I don't need to walk so far to put them out or bring them in. Keep evolving UKAHFT a change is as good as a rest.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.