Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: These new UKAHFT rules

i have to say that I am all in for changing things to make it harder in some respects like small kills coming in closer, going out further but have to say that if the discussions bout limiting the up the pegs shots are to be fair. Bare in mind that us purer spring gun shooters are to be given consideration seeing as there are many of us that have been actively trying to increase the our numbers competing then remember that we are not able to shoot off the ground although there are some exceptions to that rule. Even then when we do shoot off the ground we attract a lot of criticism about it, Therefore we have to shoot up the peg from the shoulder. Please do not exclude us that dont want to shoot with 2lb of lead attached to our barrels to so we shoot them like gay guns. as for increasing positional shots, there are many with disabilities that are already disenfranchised by unsupported postionals but that is the world we entered into. don't go changing the goal posts but give us a fighting chance to man up by making them supported at least.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Totally agree with points in cooper_dans post, #44

More postionals, bring the 15mm in closer and ban all ground resting.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post

If people really wanted a change we could ban resting the rifle on the floor. Although i suspect there would be too many tears for that.
    Add more positionals? Certainly adds more 'skill' shots.
    Bring 15mm's in to 8 yards? Could work

Those are valid suggestions. On the 'skill' shot subject surely having unsupported positionals is an easy solution to that? The Masters have 6 unsupported positionals and they got maybe only a couple of people each round getting all six.

Distances

Not just related to official UKAHFT shoots but to those being run to UKAHFT rules, why the obsession with measuring distances to the nearest inch...

Surely there should be a tolerance, could I suggest plus or minus 1 yard with the only exception being no less than 8 yards.

This comment is promoted by a recent shoot where a target got pulled as it was 6 inches out... .

Could it be the complainant missed it
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

"No part of the gun may touch the ground" sounds a really good idea
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

Hurumph.

Springers shooters are like springers.....noisy

If springer shooters want to get their scores closer to us poofters they need to up their game not try to drag ours down.....saying that I have been soundly beaten by several special needs...I mean springer shooters recently

Not sure why 90% of the attendees should have the way in which they shoot dictated by a few weirdos although thinking about it that does seem symptomatic of society today where the minorities rule.....

All said with my tongue firmly stuffed in my cheek
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Cool

. 25 break barrel there's a man's gun. Iron sights are making a come back I hear.

Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    . 25 break barrel there's a man's gun. Iron sights are making a come back I hear.
    Go on I dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    Springers shooters are like springers.....noisy

If springer shooters want to get their scores closer to us poofters they need to up their game not try to drag ours down.....saying that I have been soundly beaten by several special needs...I mean springer shooters recently

Not sure why 90% of the attendees should have the way in which they shoot dictated by a few weirdos although thinking about it that does seem symptomatic of society today where the minorities rule.....

All said with my tongue firmly stuffed in my cheek
    limiting the number of up the peg shots to 3 is definitely trying to bring us special needs folk who have shooting integrity down to your level mate. surely you guys will be better off just having your laminate fashion show and cut deck of cards to decide the winner if you are all doing the same thing.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    .......surely you guys will be better off just having your laminate fashion show and cut deck of cards to decide the winner........
    Best post so far

So the 30mm to 45yards rule hasn't been brought in then?

Mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    limiting the number of up the peg shots to 3 is definitely trying to bring us special needs folk who have shooting integrity down to your level mate. surely you guys will be better off just having your laminate fashion show and cut deck of cards to decide the winner if you are all doing the same thing.
    You aint my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    You aint my mate.
    ooooooo get her.

HMMMM .......as far as how your rifle "Looks" that`s surely a personal choice and there is not really a need to bring that up some prefer wood some laminate and then there is always natures scourge .......plastic

with regard to not being able to "rest" the butt on the ground there is already a discipline for that its called "FT"

whatever next ring the army and tell them they have to shoot from the hip
    "The Countback kid always misses peg 1"

Turn up with your bling bang shoot to the rules set out knock a few over miss some or a lot of late...have a laugh have a burger go home smiling...like the meerkat....simples.

I did like the 30mm at 45 tbf though