Thread: JSB .177 batch numbers

JSB .177 batch numbers

Hello, I’m about to order some JSB Exact .177s from Intershoot. Does anyone if there is a particular batch number to get (or to avoid)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Hello, I’m about to order some JSB Exact .177s from Intershoot. Does anyone if there is a particular batch number to get (or to avoid)?

Thanks
    it's pot luck chum ,
    so ,

why not order a die and batch they've got plenty of .

Then if they work ,you can then get a load more

A few years ago a kindly gent gave the nod to a batch number he had found to be very consistent. I was hoping somebody might have experience of the current stock.

What might be great in one barrel can be tosh in another. The only way to really know is to try different ones....my Annie 8002 liked jsb 8 and my partners 8002 hated them!😁

Try speaking to Brian Samson at Doncaster Airgun Range, if anyone knows what generally works, it will be him.

You will still need to test batches, but you may be able to save yourself buying a few tins of fishing weights.

Just because a batch works in someone else's rifle doesn't equate that the same batch will shoot well from yours, if you know a die that works ask if they have any batches from it.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Just because a batch works in someone else's rifle doesn't equate that the same batch will shoot well from yours, if you know a die that works ask if they have any batches from it.
    I used to think that too, until I started taking notes on the hundreds and hundreds of different rifles that come through the doors at my range.

The pattern I've seen is that it depends largely on barrel manufacturer. What I'm finding is that if a batch of pellets works really well in one Lothar Walther (LW) barrelled gun, then it will work well in most LW barrels - when I say most - we're talking 19 out of 20.

If you have previously had a batch of JSB's ( including Air Arms / Daystate ) try to get that same batch again, but if you can't a good starting place is to find something from the same die. It doesn't always work, but it works more often than not.

Die 46 is good at the moment in LW barrels, Die 54 used to be awesome - but in the last couple of batches the performance has started to go down a little. Die 45 is also good, but not quite as good as 46.

What gun do you have and what dies are available to you?