Thread: S200 hunter cylinder length

S200 hunter cylinder length

I've got myself an s200 which I have fitted an xtx pressure gauge with quick fill and their external regulator to the original cylinder. Works well however, not being one to not tinker if there is another option, I am thinking of getting the hunter cylinder to fit.
    Its the one that is a bit longer and so holds more air.
    Has anyone got one?
    What length are they?
    Just wondering if there is enough room behind the suppressor to get the external reg, quick fill/pressure gauge and a longer cylinder.
    Ta

Apart from getting no power curve with the reg fitted have you achieved anymore shots?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Blimey! How many shots exactly do you need for a hunting trip...

I have a standard cylinder which achieved around 25 x 11.5 ft/lb shots with single digit consistancy in the 'sweet spot' - this occured from somewhere about 170-160 bar (didn't have gauge fitted at the time) - so filling up beyond 170 bar was just a waste.

I then fitted an internal Altaros regulator - this then allowed me to fill to 190 bar and gives me around 70 x 11.5ft/lb shots before I drop off regulation.

You must be seeing even more than that with a standard cylinder AND an external reg.

Haven't counted or chrono'd yet. I did play around with the hammer spring, venturi and the adjuster inside the brass end cap. Loosened that 2 far at one point and the air just leaked straight out when I filled the cylinder.
    I plan on tweaking it this weekend to get it to around 11.3.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Petest View Post
    Haven't counted or chrono'd yet. I did play around with the hammer spring, venturi and the adjuster inside the brass end cap. Loosened that 2 far at one point and the air just leaked straight out when I filled the cylinder.
    Eh What happened to....?

Quote Originally Posted by Petest View Post
    not being one to not tinker if there is another option...
    Theres not exactly anything else to tinker with...

I think maybe I'd start with the xtx setting... There is a vid on his site and youtube.