Thread: Old Webley .177 pellets.

Old Webley .177 pellets.

There seems to have been loads of these old pellets on fleabay lately. I think they're from the mid to late 70's ?

The black tin with the green " Webley " disc logo they say " Webley .177 " , approx 500 Special Waisted Pellets " some with the old little vouchers etc and some not.

Seems a bit unusual or has someone found box loads of them buried in the Webley factory ?
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 16-11-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    There seems to have been loads of these old pellets on fleabay lately. I think they're from the mid to late 70's ?

The black tin with the green " Webley " disc logo they say " Webley .177 " , approx 500 Special Waisted Pellets " some with the old little vouchers etc and some not.

Seems a bit unusual or has someone found box loads of them buried in the Webley factory ?
    I think you will find quite a few Webley collectors have a lot of different tins of Webley pellets, I know I have, and there comes a time for a clear out of the more modern variants, of which there were quite a few, which may explain their prevalence on Eb@y.
    I've still got a sealed pack of ten, which I think are the pellets you mention, along with several boxes of other assorted tins.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I think you will find quite a few Webley collectors have a lot of different tins of Webley pellets, I know I have, and there comes a time for a clear out of the more modern variants, of which there were quite a few, which may explain their prevalence on Eb@y.
    I've still got a sealed pack of ten, which I think are the pellets you mention, along with several boxes of other assorted tins.

I just found it a bit odd so many of the same thing were cropping up.

If you want me to pop round we can rip into that new ( old ) sleeve and crack a few hundred shots off if you like.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I think it's a case of, someone posts a tin on the bay, and it fetches £20 or so, and then there's a rush as people put theirs up to try and get the same price. That causes a glut and the price tends to fall back to its normal level for a bit. Usual price, from what I've seen seems to be about £15-£18 for a full tin of .22, and about £10-£12 for .177. Wasps and BSA Pylarms tend to do a tiny bit better, on the whole, but there is an over lap.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.