Thread: BSA Goldstar 10 shot springer

BSA Goldstar 10 shot springer

I'm thinking about fitting a tuning kit in my BSA goldstar (it's the 10 shot springer version from the 90's)
    The only issue is i can't find any strip down guides /instructions anywhere online. I'm just wondering if anyone here has worked on these guns before and could provide some kind of help/guide on how to strip/reassemble? It lools like the trigger assembly has to be removed to get the piston out and ive heard you have to remove the scope rail but I don't want to attempt the work until I'm confident about how it will go back together? Any advice/instructions greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug

Hi Doug

Recently did mine and did a stripdown guide link below

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ever-Servicing

Hope it helps. Get in touch if you need anything else, if I can help I will.

Cheers your instructions helped. I've done the first bit only and removed the spring. The Standard
    Bsa rear guide looks well made just its a very loose fit. Luckily I had a spring from an old Diana in my box of spares that was same length but a lot tighter fit on the guide. Just rebuilt using a Diana spring and it feels a lot smoother to fire now and the twang noise has completely gone. Will chrono tomorrow and see what the powers like

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    Cheers your instructions helped. I've done the first bit only and removed the spring. The Standard
    Bsa rear guide looks well made just its a very loose fit. Luckily I had a spring from an old Diana in my box of spares that was same length but a lot tighter fit on the guide. Just rebuilt using a Diana spring and it feels a lot smoother to fire now and the twang noise has completely gone. Will chrono tomorrow and see what the powers like
    any idea what diana spring it was as i have 3 goldstars and want to do the same.regards. chris