Thread: The Predom Lucznik WZ70 Air Pistol

The Predom Lucznik WZ70 Air Pistol

Does anyone have one of the early 1972/73 dated pistols with just Łucznik engraved on the left side of the receiver/frame rather than the later Predom-Łucznik inscription?

I'd welcome an opportunity to study or buy such a pistol for a forthcoming review.

This pistol is the Polish copy of the Walther LP53.

Kind regards,

John M

Predom

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Does anyone have one of the early 1972/73 dated pistols with just Łucznik engraved on the left side of the receiver/frame rather than the later Predom-Łucznik inscription?

I'd welcome an opportunity to study or buy such a pistol for a forthcoming review.

This pistol is the Polish copy of the Walther LP53.

Kind regards,

John M
    John .I have sold 3 of these at brum the last few years. I know i have a good as new boxed one somewhere i will try and find it and get back to you with the results.
    Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    John .I have sold 3 of these at brum the last few years. I know i have a good as new boxed one somewhere i will try and find it and get back to you with the results.
    Roly.
    Thank you Roly - is it definitely an early Łucznik only marked pistol?

Kind regards,

John

predom

Sorry John it was a 1978 Predom Lucznik Which i must have sold and not crossed off my lists. Which seems funny as i can not remember selling it and i have searched high and low for it.There is always a chance some creep lifted it at brum fair and on packing up kit i forgot about it.
    Regards Roly.

have seen several of these for sale on free ads john. not sure if its the model you are after but worth a look. chris

Thank you Chris and Roly.

Still looking.

Kind regards,

John

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Hi John,

Unfortunately I do not have an example of the early model myself, but in my researches I did come across this image which shows the lettering in some detail. Note also the small pin just above the grip, below and to the right of the "k" of "Lucznik", which is for the trigger guard. This is absent in the later models.

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Hi John,

Unfortunately I do not have an example of the early model myself, but in my researches I did come across this image which shows the lettering in some detail. Note also the small pin just above the grip, below and to the right of the "k" of "Lucznik", which is for the trigger guard. This is absent in the later models.

Regards,
    John

Hi John,

That image is really useful - thank you.

I still want to compare both models myself as a Polish source suggests the early pistols were better made. I'd like to examine this for myself.

Kind regards,

John