Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting into air pistol shooting

Baikal IZH 46M

I had one of these before moving to PCP...

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...al-izh46m/view
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

I’m amazed no one has mentioned the CP1, single shot, bolt action, CO2 pistol. German design, made in China, to a pretty good standard actually. Magazine version available, but some reported issues. My single shot is more accurate than I am ever likely to be. Around 100 quid.

And if you want to move up from plinking to competiton at a not too serious level, then I second the recommendation for UBC. Lots of comps, lots of pistols, good bunch of guys. Great fun.

From personal experience, I can recommend any of the FWB65 and 80, the Diana 10 and 6, the FAS 604 and the pre-2007 early Gamo Compact.

Thanks for all your advice folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    From personal experience, I can recommend any of the FWB65 and 80, the Diana 10 and 6, the FAS 604 and the pre-2007 early Gamo Compact.
    I agree, I did a little youtube vid on the recoiless FWB's and Diana 10 pistols:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=recoiless

I heard the early Gamo compacts are great too, yet to get my hands on one.

Matt.

I've got a FAS 6004 and a Crosman 2300S. Was lucky enough to buy the 2300S in Walmart in the US for a fraction of the price in the UK.

In the right hands, both are capable of matching the score of a £1,500+ PCP target pistol.

I just wish they were my hands

I had a Steyr LP5 for a while. Lovely shooter. Would recommend. Now replaced by the LP50 but the 5's are still around to get s/h.

I have a Gamo Compact single stroke pneumatic which I have had for many years and it is still as reliable as ever.

Santa has just treated me to a new Dan Wesson 715 6" 177 pellet pistol, very nicely put together, looking forward to using it for the first time early in the new year.

Happy Christmas everyone.