Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most enjoyable cheap springer you have shot

Well there is a black Friday sale at my local, with the Hatsan 900x going for £59.99, looks like I may get one.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Finally!

Diana. The answer to this one has to be Diana
    Obviously
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I have to say my Brum made Supersport Custom is pretty impressive and also the later Mercs/Challengers.

The earlier BAM20 was alright for the money, when they where available around the £100 mark, as well as the BAM40 which apparently was excellent.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Forget the big names like AA and HW.

I'm talking about Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish guns etc that don't deserve to be as good as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I have to say my Brum made Supersport Custom is pretty impressive and also the later Mercs/Challengers.

Pete
    Not quite sure if this is what Arthur meant, Pete.

After all, for us UK shooters before we were enlightened with the more finely engineered guns like the HW35, Anschutz 335, Feinwerkbau Sport etc., the BSAs and Webleys of the day would have been regarded as guns to aspire to.

Fair enough, by the time the HW80 and 77 came along, many of the British rifles may have assumed more of an "underdog" status, but then they weren't much cheaper (and the same money or even more in certain cases - Omega / Eclipse) than the German competition.

P.S.....Looking at some of the images on-line of Gamo internals, I think that little Vipermax of mine will certainly take on more of a budget air once I go inside it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

The cheapest springer I have ever shot was :-

a Whiscombe...bit heavy though.

IT was the only springer I got for free nd never had to spend any money on so therefore the cheapest.

Hatsan 70, mines in .25, Quattro trigger, built like a tank, £90 new!!

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    An older Gamo CFX in .177, not the smoothest but even with its trigger could keep pace with a TX200, Sounds hard to believe but it's true.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    The cheapest springer I have ever shot was :-

a Whiscombe...bit heavy though.

IT was the only springer I got for free nd never had to spend any money on so therefore the cheapest.
    Some people have all the luck...
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I am a firm believer that triggers make springers. For that reason, I'd go with the Hatsan Mod 55/60 (the mod 55 was the first rifle I hit the bucket with consistently at the first bash I attended). I'd also go with the BAM 20 as it's got a Rekord copy on board). The only thing I would say about Chinese air rifles though is the barrel quality can be a bit hit'n'miss (I still have a BAM 20, all be it with an HW barrel ). But I suppose, variability can be the reason they're budget rifles.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Remington Express
    Another vote for the Remmy. Surprisingly excellent. Mine is in the synthetic stock so If I drop the rifle in the mud I'll just hose it down!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I had a Hatsan 60, it was a bit twangy but still good fun sadly I never quite gelled with it the way I did with my HW77.
    However I recently picked up an XS208 for £30 that was neglected by being stored in a cold damp environment but otherwise new and never shot.

it feels really good at the shoulder, so after a strip down and massive degrease, then a wee fettle Ive no doubt this will be a fun rifle to shoot.

a remmy express

Bam B40.

Cheap springer

Webley Patriot

Always wanted one from the day I starting using air rifles 40 + years ago. Cost £150, great gun 26ft lbs of power and still in my cabinet after 7 years.

For sheer enjoyment and the low cost don’t think I’ve ever shot anything better than a Baikal IZH-61 5 shot low powered side lever type springer.

Had many hours of fun at home and at my local club a few years back with one of them quite an intriguing little rifle with other club members suitably impressed with its workings.