Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The most enjoyable cheap springer you have shot

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Well there is a black Friday sale at my local, with the Hatsan 900x going for £59.99, looks like I may get one.
    Bargain. It'd be rude not to at that price!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake190 View Post
    Baikal (IZH) IJ 38.
    Made in the USSR and a lovely little rifle to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    For sheer enjoyment and the low cost don’t think I’ve ever shot anything better than a Baikal IZH-61 5 shot low powered side lever type springer.

Had many hours of fun at home and at my local club a few years back with one of them quite an intriguing little rifle with other club members suitably impressed with its workings.
    Could quite easily be tempted to give either of those a home.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cheap to me (£70 for a mint, pre-owned one from that nice chap, Mr Greengrass) but maybe not so widely and cheaply available new now........

My little CZ Slavia 634...... 25mm bore, rear piston bearing, solid manual breech latch. Twanged like a good 'un when I got it. Mr Bum made me up a guide and top hat which hugely transformed its firing manners into something most refined. Doing high 11s and feels like it's doing much less. Very accurate and forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheap to me (£70 for a mint, pre-owned one from that nice chap, Mr Greengrass) but maybe not so widely and cheaply available new now........

My little CZ Slavia 634...... 25mm bore, rear piston bearing, solid manual breech latch. Twanged like a good 'un when I got it. Mr Bum made me up a guide and top hat which hugely transformed its firing manners into something most refined. Doing high 11s and feels like it's doing much less. Very accurate and forgiving.
    Too right mate, that little slavia feels like its doing about 3ft/lbs its so mild mannered when you shoot it. A truly lovely and underrated rifle

Cheers, Chris.

I seem to remember Dave, Trumpetier, was chasing one? Can't remember if he managed to buy it or not? Having said that, even if he had bought it, the little bounder has probably sold it by now!

Mr Budd had a very nicely fettled 631 which I think a Boingerman may have bought from him?

And Les's Air Arms break barrel prototype, based on a Slavia action with a CD trigger, is absolutely sublime.

[QUOTE=TonyL;7598146]Cheers, Chris.

Mr Budd had a very nicely fettled 631 which I think a Boingerman may have bought from him

That's the very one that I've got via Paul (Dayglowfroggy), Tony. That wee Slavia shoots superbly...an absolute tack-driver.

Also another heads up for the Baikal IJ -38.... they're great wee rifles to shoot as well.

They're a lot of satisfaction to be obtained from a so-called 'budget' air rifle when it produces the goods.

Graeme

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, that slavia 631 was great. Had to shorten and recrown, and sleeve the port IIRC, but afterwards it was a very nice little shooter... superdomes IIRC..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.