Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fac Pellet Bisley/air Arms

Cool Fac Pellet Bisley/air Arms

what power can you use air arm fields up to before they are not accurate,or what about bisley mags tried these a bit loopy.looking for flat shooting has any body tried field target trophy
    cheers lads for any replies

about 30 and 40 respectively
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Sam Guest
    H&N FTT, not sure. Proably 30 max I would think.

Air arms Field are fussy ones, ok upto high 20's in some barrels (namely Anshutz), then they go to pot, other barrels they're perfectly fine into the mid 30's...

Bisley Magnum are good upto some pretty silly levels, but get them to 50ft/lbs and you're nudging the sonic barrier, thats when its time to start thinking Dai Sung.

Cheers.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    H&N seem to struggle anything over 20, AAs and Bismags as Sam says...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Wink fac pellets

thanks for the replies chaps,it was just a thought that while using air arms fields yesterday at 35ftlb out of my rapid 3 pellets would group then next 2 wouldnt,the rapid was bench rested at 45 yrds it was same all morning,wonderd if the cold weather on saturday morning could have contributed to it,or was it the pellets lowerd the power when i got home to 30ftlb will try later in the week to see what happens,or i might go back to bisley mags but not as flat as air arms
    cheers paul
    or could it be something else??????? kevg come on down the price is right
    forgot to add it has an anshultz 19inch barrel and a AWT silencer,ported and modified by ian collins the man himself and regged,
    Last edited by paulliver; 25-09-2005 at 07:02 PM.

monkey hanger Guest
    I have using FTT's and superfields very effectively @ 30ft/lbs (actually at a little less than 30 as the gun was set up with 21.5g pellets)very flat shooting, on my 40lb gun I solely have been using biz mags very successfully?
    groupings whilst setting up have been far better than I had anticipated both rapids by the way
    cheers Keith

Sam Guest
    MH,

As you rightly said, your rapid was set to 30ft/lbs with Bisley Magnum, so unless you've upped it again, switching down to H&N FTT will have reduced the m.e with a lighter pellet, it's probably pushing more in the region of 28ft/lbs or so....

Paul, as its the Anschutz barrel fitted to yours, i'd say thats the prob as they don't tend to get on with AA Field @ 30ft/lbs and above. Try a BSA barrel and you'll see a difference

Wink

cheers sam im seeing the man tommorrow you know who? had a silencer made for my sako by ian, will ask him about the barrels
    cheers paul

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    AA Field 5.52 26ftlb,they love that power,never mind about bench rest and grouped really well,take it out on too the field and you see the pellet not doing well at high levels but 26-27 ftlb they do,no cross winds to upset the flight but a bismag is abit heavey'er and can withstand cross winds a lot more,you see that if no wind upsets an AA field then yea nice pellet but it's too light for over 27ftlb , can't take any cross wind at all,it's alright in a test place where there's no wind ,take it out in the open space and behave's differant,trust me,got the tee shirt,tried it and seen it .

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulliver
    cheers sam im seeing the man tommorrow you know who? had a silencer made for my sako by ian, will ask him about the barrels
    cheers paul
    Do us a favour, while you're there and give him a kick in the shins for looseing my order!

(Only joking)

I had a custom SuperTen that was extremely accurate with Field 5.52s at just shy of 40 fpe. I know someone who fires them accurately out of a Walther barreled Rapid at 42 fpe.

Lionel

Paulliver,
    I had the same problem trying to get a pellet to work in my mk11, As you say 3 or so would be fine then the next couple would be way out. I tried virtually all pellets and found that AA's 5.52 worked best for me! They run at 30ft/lb.

1SHOT Guest
    Anything over 35ft/lb and I would go for biz mags or as a reserve, Baracuda match 5.52's (very,very similar P.O.I Without re-zeroing.)

Zero at 35yds,1" Grouping consistantly.If you intend to use these for hunting, then they are ideal.

Hit the bunny in the head and watch him fly 18" to 24" into the air as he does a back flip and he is stone dead before you get to him !!!.

Try a variety of pellets above 18.5 grn in .22, see what suits your barrel etc.

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Logun's are Selling thousands of Boxes of Penetrator 20.50's
    Surely someone on this Board is using them

As some have seen there is a New 30 Grain Round about to come onto the market Place in coming months

For those that fire Real FAC Air Rifles

bob@practicalshooting.org.uk

BOB/R

I have tried the 16gm and 20gm loguns in about 5 different gun of mine and none of them like em! Regardless of FAC or not. Which is a shame because i like their design. Im sure they work for loads of other people but, just not me.