Thread: Finally! A BSA Scorpion worthy of the collection!

Finally! A BSA Scorpion worthy of the collection!

A Very nice set !

Even though I wouldn't give one house room

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Was just shooting mine this morning - love them
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Pistol

Lovely guns. Accurate if you can learn how to shoot them. i found a loose hold best. Dont try to hold it tight or it will shoot all over the place.
    Sorry if you are already an expert.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I've owned several,none as nice as yours though,hard work to cock but worth it.

Wouldn't mind another,preferably in .177 for a change.

Nice example, but is it just a trick of the light that makes the barrel linkage point and linkage appear to be un-blacked ?

Thumbs up

Lovely that Jim

I have three, All three have different safety catches!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Jimmie, didn't know you wanted one, thought they were too "modern" for you. What about a Crosman M1 carbine next.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Nice example, but is it just a trick of the light that makes the barrel linkage point and linkage appear to be un-blacked ?
    I thought the same about the pics.

I spent decades firmly believing these things were stupid huge comedy gimmick guns. Like an airgun Automag.

Then I got one at a decent price (on here) on a whim. And, bloody hell, they are actually really good. Decent trigger and sights, OK handling despite the bulk and 70s styling, loads of power, and - with technique - consistent sub 1 inch groups (down to 2/3” with the right pellets) at 10 yards.

I slightly prefer mine to my HW45 (which is a close match for accuracy, slightly behind on power) or Hurricane (ditto). And they are streets ahead of the modern poky spring pistol silliness from Chinese and Turkish makers.

If Gamo/BSA still made these with updated styling/handling, they’d sell. Or ought to.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Does long-stroking them in the conventional BSA way (fling away the buffer washer and use a thinner piston head) mean you can use less spring for less recoil, or does everyone go for maxium power? You can stick a Buccaneer barrel on one to make a Scorpaneer if you need that extra sight-base...

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Yeah, it’s just the light reflecting off the flat surface. There’s more photos on the website if you follow the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Jimmie, didn't know you wanted one, thought they were too "modern" for you. What about a Crosman M1 carbine next.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Anything 80’s and earlier really. As long as it is a classic. I don’t collect modern CO2 although I do have a few. I stay away from the modern BB pistols really. They don’t do anything for me.

M1 carbine. Dunno. Send me some photos. Not sure if my email is in my profile. You can email me via my “contact” page on my website.

I bought one brand new when they first came out in .177.

At the time I was running the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club and we were keen to try anything that would be affordable for a beginner to buy for their first air pistol.

I was surprised how accurate the pistol was for target use, but it was a bit too big for most for our club members to handle who sometimes referred to it as a small rifle!

The pistol had to compete for the beginners cash against rival's such as the Original Model 5 and ASI Centre under lever pistols and these two were more often the ones purchased unless the beginner had a little more cash to spend when they usually bought an Original Model 6.

I really enjoyed owning and shooting my Scorpion and liked the look of it with the cocking aid fitted, but sadly when I moved up-north all those years ago it was one of my many "treasures" that had to go to help fund the move!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Yeah, it’s just the light reflecting off the flat surface. There’s more photos on the website if you follow the link.
    I did follow the link, and found several similar shots that appear to show the same unfinished section.
    I know how difficult it can be taking photographs indoors using artificial light and getting unwelcome shadows and light reflection, as that's how I have to take most of mine.