Thread: New to me - Very old scope - K.Kahles

New to me - Very old scope - K.Kahles

Ok, so I saw on the dreaded bay an unusual small scope which intrigued me.

An original K. Khales Helia Super 4 S1.

Basically a 4x scope with the No 4 Ret - 3 flat ended square posts. No cross hair/reticle side adjustment turret.
    Claw fittings to the receiver of a gun.

Actually I might see if Jon Harris can do an adjustable scope rail for it to go onto the other MDS when Shaun at ISP has done the restoration.

I bought it because it is a steel body scope. It arrived just before going to Millride FT club on Saturday morning. So I took it with me.
    What surprised me and some of the other lads, Shaun included, was that it focused down to 1 yard that's one yard - 3 feet. with amazing clarity. Then the radio mast up in the top corner of the field 350-450 yards away came in crisp with fine detail and amazing brightness. The vertical adjustment has loud Leupold sounding clicks, it's a 26mm tube, ocular diameter 38mm and front bell diameter 36mm.
    Even dark areas at the base of trees 55 yds away were amazingly bright. Dusk, as we came out of the Café at Millride it had still amazing clarity.

I may even see if I can get a different reticle to fit in to it through Kahles themselves.

In the mean time can anyone suggest or recommend some 26mm adjustable scope rings - preferably low so I can try this out on the Mk1 Airstream.

Mark H.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zero View Post
    Ok, so I saw on the dreaded bay an unusual small scope which intrigued me.

An original K. Khales Helia Super 4 S1.

Basically a 4x scope with the No 4 Ret - 3 flat ended square posts. No cross hair/reticle side adjustment turret.
    Claw fittings to the receiver of a gun.

Actually I might see if Jon Harris can do an adjustable scope rail for it to go onto the other MDS when Shaun at ISP has done the restoration.

I bought it because it is a steel body scope. It arrived just before going to Millride FT club on Saturday morning. So I took it with me.
    What surprised me and some of the other lads, Shaun included, was that it focused down to 1 yard that's one yard - 3 feet. with amazing clarity. Then the radio mast up in the top corner of the field 350-450 yards away came in crisp with fine detail and amazing brightness. The vertical adjustment has loud Leupold sounding clicks, it's a 26mm tube, ocular diameter 38mm and front bell diameter 36mm.
    Even dark areas at the base of trees 55 yds away were amazingly bright. Dusk, as we came out of the Café at Millride it had still amazing clarity.

I may even see if I can get a different reticle to fit in to it through Kahles themselves.

In the mean time can anyone suggest or recommend some 26mm adjustable scope rings - preferably low so I can try this out on the Mk1 Airstream.

Mark H.
    No suggestion for rings but I wonder if you can buy some quailty 30mm mounts and get inserts made up to 26mm, or perhaps ream out some 25mm mounts, I think either way it won't be simple
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

.5mm copper sheet? Can be had on evilbay for under a fiver.
    Donald

The lenses on Kahles scopes are super crisp and clear. I used a dremel on the mounts to open them up to 26mm, did not remove much material, was very quick.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Germany or egun.de are good places to pick up some 26mm mounts with windage adjustment in the base which you need. Because the rings are typically separate from the base, you can shim them for height to keep the reticle reasonably centred. Unlikely to be cheap though.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Try Michael tawn, if my memory is sound tonight,,I think I've had some off him.

Two bottles of red in, so who knows.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Try Michael tawn, if my memory is sound tonight,,I think I've had some off him.

Two bottles of red in, so who knows.

Dave

Cheers.