Thread: Leaking S310 fill valve

Leaking S310 fill valve

Hello all

The fill valve on my AA S310 has developed a very slow leak.

It's this type:

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...-professional/

Before I buy a replacement is there anything I can do to clean or maybe lube it to stop the leak?

The leak started after a gave the nipple a couple of gentle taps with a pin punch to lower the pressure.

Thanks
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Sounds like it's had it. They don't like being pin punched.

You can lower the pressure by putting a 5p coin in the filler cap and screwing it down, gently. The tip of the filler will be pressed in by the flat face of the coin. The cap will get cold with that sudden expansion of air so take it carefully.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sounds like it's had it. They don't like being pin punched.

You can lower the pressure by putting a 5p coin in the filler cap and screwing it down, gently. The tip of the filler will be pressed in by the flat face of the coin. The cap will get cold with that sudden expansion of air so take it carefully.
    Cheers Rich.

Mine is a push fit cap so I can't utilise that good method

I'll order a new one

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

In case you have difficulty removing the old unit: does the end cap on the cylinder have two holes in it? If so, you will need a 2 prong peg spanner to locate in the holes while you undo the filler valve unit. Without holding the end cap it will undo when you turn the inlet valve unit to remove it.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    In case you have difficulty removing the old unit: does the end cap on the cylinder have two holes in it? If so, you will need a 2 prong peg spanner to locate in the holes while you undo the filler valve unit. Without holding the end cap it will undo when you turn the inlet valve unit to remove it.
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil

Neil Price mentioned the 'tool' in AirGunner mag, Dec17 / Jan 18 I believe. He made a thin (3mm?) plate with a 20mm hole in it then fitted 2 x 3mm pegs on a 25mm diameter across the hole. This was for an AA510 but I expect the 300 series are the same.
    Cheers, Phil

Leaking fix valve

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Hello all

The fill valve on my AA S310 has developed a very slow leak.

It's this type:

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...-professional/

Before I buy a replacement is there anything I can do to clean or maybe lube it to stop the leak?

The leak started after a gave the nipple a couple of gentle taps with a pin punch to lower the pressure.

Thanks
    Matty
    Be sure your air tube is empty before you remove the valve !!

ATB

John.

Quote Originally Posted by john bailey View Post
    Be sure your air tube is empty before you remove the valve !!

ATB

John.
    Thanks John I took the valve off the gun before posting my thread. I have stripped many PCPs over the years but your advice is very wise

I found the best way for me was to unscrew the air tube from the action and remove it from the rest of the gun, clamp the duff valve in my vice and gripping the tube in a pair of new spotlessly clean "super grip" gloves, twisted the tube slowly and the valve undid quite easily

Matty