Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Tomahawk Owners

Tommy

I don't have a Cobra but I have two friends who do. One even has a Tommy in rare .25 cal spec. Mach 1.5

I also have a Tomahawk in .177.
    It is my favourite gun for shooting off hand,just the right weight and balance for me.
    The Tomahawk and it's smaller brother the Longbow,Webley's best guns in my opion.
    Enjoy your Tommy.
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I also have a Tomahawk in .177.
    It is my favourite gun for shooting off hand,just the right weight and balance for me.
    The Tomahawk and it's smaller brother the Longbow,Webley's best guns in my opion.
    Enjoy your Tommy.
    Atb
    Les..
    Cheers Les

What would be the equivalent weihrauch - 80?

Webley Tomahawk Owners

If I remember correctly which is unusual the Tomahawk has the same trigger system as the Patriot. I would advise against taking the whole trigger apart as its a bugger to get back together.
    If your removing the spring or piston, just remove the top dog and leave the rest alone.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Cheers Les

What would be the equivalent weihrauch - 80?
    Yeah the 80 is a bit heavier , but there is not much in it.Both guns made for export power levels but can shoot great sub 12,with the correct set up.The Tommy is better looking imo.
    Has Mach 1-5 as said they are a underrated rifle,and a great addition to any one's collection.
    Les..

If you are going to strip the gun, be aware that when you remove the trigger unit housing, there is a small nylon ball bearing that sits under the safety, and in some cases depending on year, there could be 2, they are held in and kept under pressure by the trigger housing bolt, if you lose these, the safety won't set properly, also, when you put the trgger unit back in, you will need to cock it, at the back of the unit there is a small wobberly bit, this will need to be held upward before the trigger will cock, when you have done this and the unit won't locate properly into the action, just move the safety back and forth until it does (there is a small locator on top of the unit that goes into the safety) oh and don't forget to fire the trigger before you try and cock the gun, hope this all makes sense, also if you are going to sleeve the piston, you will need 0.25 ptfe sheet, message me if you get stuck, atb Daz
    Last edited by BAD DAZ; 20-11-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    If you are going to strip the gun, be aware that when you remove the trigger unit housing, there is a small nylon ball bearing that sits under the safety, and in some cases depending on year, there could be 2, they are held in and kept under pressure by the trigger housing bolt, if you lose these, the safety won't set properly, also, when you put the trgger unit back in, you will need to cock it, at the back of the unit there is a small wobberly bit, this will need to be held upward before the trigger will cock, when you have done this and the unit won't locate properly into the action, just move the safety back and forth until it does (there is a small locator on top of the unit that goes into the safety) oh and don't forget to fire the trigger before you try and cock the gun, hope this all makes sense, also if you are going to sleeve the piston, you will need 0.25 ptfe sheet, message me if you get stuck, atb Daz
    Great stuff, Daz. Much appreciated.

I’ll shoot it as is for a bit and see if I think it needs any fettling, but thanks for the tips above, makes all the difference when you do something for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by golf224 View Post
    If I remember correctly which is unusual the Tomahawk has the same trigger system as the Patriot. I would advise against taking the whole trigger apart as its a bugger to get back together.
    If your removing the spring or piston, just remove the top dog and leave the rest alone.
    Cheers Golf

I don’t see me pulling the trigger apart any time soon but you never know. Thanks for the tip.

Tommy

The Tommy trigger unit comes out in one like a Rekord trigger the Patriot doesn't. Mach 1.5

Just had an hour at the club, sighting in and then a few sporting cards. V happy.

Don’t think there’s any need to interfere with it other than a bit of trigger fiddling.

I really like it, but it’s not the lightest thing in the world.

Much better looking than weihrauch equivalents, I wonder why they stopped making them?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Just had an hour at the club, sighting in and then a few sporting cards. V happy.

Don’t think there’s any need to interfere with it other than a bit of trigger fiddling.

I really like it, but it’s not the lightest thing in the world.

Much better looking than weihrauch equivalents, I wonder why they stopped making them?
    I am glad you are enjoying your Tommy.
    Webley & Scott went into receivership in 2005. Production of later Webley's where made in Turkey,and are not as desirable . Brum built guns are proper Webley's and better for it.
    Try and get your self a Longbow, a bit smaller but a very capable rifle.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I am glad you are enjoying your Tommy.
    Webley & Scott went into receivership in 2005. Production of later Webley's where made in Turkey,and are not as desirable . Brum built guns are proper Webley's and better for it.
    Try and get your self a Longbow, a bit smaller but a very capable rifle.
    Les..
    Cheers Les

I’ll keep an eye out for a longbow, if one comes up locally in .177 it would be tempting.

Tommy

As Les said. Try and get a longbow the little brother of the Tommy. The only problem being the longbow was only made between 2003 - 2005 so are getting hard to find. Mach 1.5

The Tommie equates to the HW80, the Longbow to the 85/95.

Compared to the HWs, the Webleys have much better stocks, a slightly inferior (though still very good) trigger, and better fit and finish.

Setting aside the factory Venom custom stuff, the big difference is that early Tommies had a 15” Webley barrel, the later ones a 13” Lothar Walther. The LW ones are more desirable, but mine is a Webley one, and shoots just fine.

Some non-Venom branded later (LW) Tommies appears to have left the factory with desirable factory 12 ft-lbs short-stroke internals.

There are 3 Tommie stroke lengths. Long-stroke FAC (21 ft-lbs), shorter standard (but still long) stroke 12, and short-stroke 12.

Post-2005, the Turks made a few Longbows (and maybe Tomahawks, and at least one Longbow marked as an Omega) from Webley parts that they had bought cheap. They aren’t proper Webleys, but can be good rifles. A few may carry the traditional Webley “made in Birmingham” markings, because the parts had been made and marked there before the collapse. Just the final assembly was abroad by dastardly foreigners.

Then the Turks made Longbows themselves, mostly as the thumbhole stocked SE, which vary between very good and quite poor. You don’t know what you are getting until you take it apart, and some parts don’t interchange with Birmingham Webleys. Beware of anyone offering one as a “real” Webley. They aren’t. Shame. The Turkish (obvs) walnut stock is quite tasty, even if the internals can be iffy.

Until recently, you could still find a new Turkish Tomahawk in non-UK markets that was simply a badge-engineered Hatsan something-or-other.

The Tommie and Bow are also, despite their Webley Vulcan DNA, the nearest you can get in a former production rifle to a Venom Mach 1. They are not perfect, but they are special.

Tommy

Great reading Geezer. Yes the Tommy as the same cylinder length as a Mach 1 hence the FAC rating. Mach 1.5