Thread: Geco Diablo .177 V. RWS R10 Match .177

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Geco Diablo .177 V. RWS R10 Match .177

I'm far from being an expert , in fact I'm only just starting out in the world of target shooting. The range in my cellar ( 8 metres ) is not quite finished but is up and running.

I did some testing with my newly acquired Model 75 over the weekend, what a fantastic piece of kit.

Having come from shooting sporting springers and never trying a purpose made target rifle I'm blown away.

Anyways, the seller kindly gave me a few R10 match pellets, which the 75 soon devoured , so I had to switch pellets and had some Geco .177 's knocking about, they look and shoot as far as I can see exactly the same as the double the price R10's.

I'm not sure what gr the Gecos are as it doesn't say on the tin , perhaps not quite as heavy as the R10 ?

So could someone explain ?

Also any other pellet recommendations for the Model 75 would be of interest.

The rifle in question is shooting over the crony between 551 fps and 588 fps spread over ten test shots , that was with the RWS Hobby pellets.

I think the breech seal is none existent.

I'd be interested in any thoughts and advice , its all new for me but I'm enjoying it very much.

Thanks
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 19-11-2018 at 06:39 PM.