Thread: Any problems with importing PCP pistols?

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza

Any problems with importing PCP pistols?

Given the trouble with posting/couriering pressurised stuff in the UK, is there any similar problem with importing guns?

The match pistol I'm after is available new from a dealer with 2660 feedback (including just one negative) on eGun for over £100 less, including shipping and a spare cylinder, than I can get it here...
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Just my opinion (based on my experience of buying several PCP Rifles and Pistols from Europe (and spare cylinders in separate shipments) : there doesn't seem to be a problem and I'm guessing that it's because some Courriers accept "empty pressure vessels" for shipment from Trade Account Holders because they have the necessary level of certification regarding H + S issues involed with their shipment (as does ParcelForce in the UK).

Vic Thompson.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Just my opinion (based on my experience of buying several PCP Rifles and Pistols from Europe (and spare cylinders in separate shipments) : there doesn't seem to be a problem and I'm guessing that it's because some Courriers accept "empty pressure vessels" for shipment from Trade Account Holders because they have the necessary level of certification regarding H + S issues involed with their shipment (as does ParcelForce in the UK).

Vic Thompson.
    Thanks I'll crack on then!
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!