Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clubman Shooting Spectacles - British Made!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Slap-Stick is still alive and kicking in Lancashire when IJ is around
    Our aim is to amuse......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Even prescription glasses don't always correct astigmatism.... I thought my red-dot sights were fuzzy because they were cheap, until I saw the YouTube video and realised I had an astigmatism.

I had an eye test a few weeks ago as I thought my sight in my shooting (right) eye was deteriorating.

The local optician said my eyes hadn't changed, and when i mentioned astigmatism, he said i'd always had it...

I wasn't happy with that, so went to Vision Express and had another eye test... they said they could correct the astigmatism, and while testing my right eye diagnosed cataracts forming..

I eventually got the glasses from Vision Express... and my red-dots are still fuzzy...

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Even prescription glasses don't always correct astigmatism.... I thought my red-dot sights were fuzzy because they were cheap, until I saw the YouTube video and realised I had an astigmatism.

I had an eye test a few weeks ago as I thought my sight in my shooting (right) eye was deteriorating.

The local optician said my eyes hadn't changed, and when i mentioned astigmatism, he said i'd always had it...

I wasn't happy with that, so went to Vision Express and had another eye test... they said they could correct the astigmatism, and while testing my right eye diagnosed cataracts forming..

I eventually got the glasses from Vision Express... and my red-dots are still fuzzy...
    An astigmatism causes a circle to appear oval, not fuzzy.
    I suspect that your problem is that your cataracts are causing the blurring of the red dot or that your eye and lens of the specs cannot focus properly on the red dot.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    But we often miss.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

But we often miss.

How true!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Eye of the beholder

I have seen but not tried these glasses. They looked well made and ergonomic to me.
    I don't know the price but if they are a lower cost alternative to the foreign competition, so much the better.
    As explained, if you can use "readers" lenses then do so but, if not, you can still have Specsavers (other optician are available) make you a prescription lens.
    My branch of Specsavers (as before) were completely unfased by me producing my pistol to get the lens absolutely right. (0.25 different from their estimate).
    Good luck to the maker, I hope he succeeds.
    My red dot sight was also oval until I got my astigmatism corrected, now it's very nearly round.