Thread: BSA Ultra stock swop question.

BSA Ultra stock swop question.

I've got an old BSA single shot Ultra, It's got a round button shaped bolt you pull back at the rear to load & a large "button" knob you push at the front of the stock to cock it. One screw in the trigger guard & a single bolt underneath the air tube to hold the stock on. I've found a synthetic stock for it but it has a build in trigger guard with no screw holes, a screw hole under the air tube area but also a larger hole I presume for a gauge plus where my cocking button is on the synthetic stock there's a small round bracket that stick forwards,, it is held on by two screws. Is it worth getting the stock & taking the bracket off & just have one screw hold it together or does it not fit & what is the bracket for ?? I don't know the age of my Ultra or the stock.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

What it sounds like is you have a Mmc ultra, the replacement stock is for the se newer ultra which as you say is catering for a pressure gauge and possibly for a multi shot. Personally I wouldn't bother and stick with original stock.

This is the synthetic stock that will fit on your Ultra mmc.
    You will probably need a shorter stock fixing screw.

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...-No.-16-6761T/

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    What it sounds like is you have a Mmc ultra, the replacement stock is for the se newer ultra which as you say is catering for a pressure gauge and possibly for a multi shot. Personally I wouldn't bother and stick with original stock.
    You learn something new every day, thanks. Just looking to lose a few ounces in weight.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.