Thread: Original Mod.75 target rifle.

Original Mod.75 target rifle.

Is there anyone watching who has any knowledge of this beautiful rifle. Mine has locked up in the cocked state and I am at a loss as to how to release it. The cocking lever still does what it is supposed to, the trigger clicks but that's it. Any info greatly appreciated.

Have you been doing anything to the trigger adjustment screws / have they worked loose? Might be worth having a check.

I’ve had guns fail to fire for this before.

I do have a 75 but I’m by no means an expert on the trigger. There are some on here that are though, I’m sure they’ll be along soon.

If I remember right, wear of the anti beartrap can cause this problem. Be very careful putting your fingers near the loading port

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Pop a block in the loading port to make it safe and get the stock off. Check the trigger adjustment and abt, manually activate the trigger and release it safely if possible
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by BomarBob View Post
    Is there anyone watching who has any knowledge of this beautiful rifle. Mine has locked up in the cocked state and I am at a loss as to how to release it. The cocking lever still does what it is supposed to, the trigger clicks but that's it. Any info greatly appreciated.
    Not sure I understood you well when you wrote
    the cocking lever still does what it is supposed to

does it return to the closed position after cocking or not?

This short video may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWG5vpbFeYU

Good luck and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Have you been doing anything to the trigger adjustment screws / have they worked loose? Might be worth having a check.

I’ve had guns fail to fire for this before.

I do have a 75 but I’m by no means an expert on the trigger. There are some on here that are though, I’m sure they’ll be along soon.
    This could be a possibility I'll check these (when I find them) thanks yorkiets.
    Last edited by BomarBob; 21-11-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: missed word out

Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
    Not sure I understood you well when you wrote
    the cocking lever still does what it is supposed to

does it return to the closed position after cocking or not?

This short video may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWG5vpbFeYU

Good luck and be safe.
    Yes dvd it returns to the closed position, the trigger clicks but no more.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Pop a block in the loading port to make it safe and get the stock off. Check the trigger adjustment and abt, manually activate the trigger and release it safely if possible
    Do you know how to release the trigger tinbum ?, I've only had the thing forty years and I haven't got the hang of it yet (I've never had to interfere until now)

Quote Originally Posted by BomarBob View Post
    Do you know how to release the trigger tinbum ?, I've only had the thing forty years and I haven't got the hang of it yet (I've never had to interfere until now)
    Your rifles anti bear traps stopping it firing.

Whats happening when you pull the trigger is, it's releasing the engaged piston, moving a few mm (not enough to detect it) then hitting the ABT & being held. The ABT should only work whilst the loading levers open to stop you getting fingers trapped whilst loading should the other safety systems fail.

Okay I will now tell you what to do BUT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU GET HURT WHILST CARRYING THIS OUT NOW OR AT A LATER DATE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T RESET THE ABT PROPERLY OR DONE SOME OTHER ALTERATION ACCIDENTALLY.

GET A FRIEND TO HELP YOU

Remove the stock & place the rifle trigger unit upwards with the barrel facing your right.
    Look half way down the unit & You should see a silver washer about 8mm dia with a screw going through & a nut on the other side. THIS IS A TWO PART UNIT & ONE LIFTS UP, IF YOU CAN'T SEE HOW, STOP NOW & PUT THE STOCK BACK ON & SEND IT TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO.
    iF YOUR HAPPY TO CONTINUE,
    Once found cock the rifle to engage the trigger TAKE CARE YOU DON'T TOUCH ANY WORKING PARTS OR THAT ANY PINS FALL OUT.
    WHEN COCKED GET YOUR FRIEND TO HOLD THE LEVER OPEN WITH ONE HAND WHILST HOLDING THE BARREL IN THE OTHER. The ABT doesn't stop the lever closing it holds the pistons....just being safe.
    Now use a screw driver to lft the ABT up, your friend should be able to close the lever now & the rifle SHOULD FIRE WHILST YOU HOLD THE ABT UP. It won't hurt just the once.
    JOB DONE!

Now get the rifle set up or serviced. Many people service & try to repair these rifles them self & many do so quite successfully whilst not understanding how they really work so fail to check the safety aspects. Others. like one I have here, ruin a good rifle which is now is only good for spare parts.

If you need more help please email me as I don't come on here very much WD.
    Last edited by wonky donky; 21-11-2018 at 07:30 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Thumbs up

Nice one Dave!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Your rifles anti bear traps stopping it firing.

Whats happening when you pull the trigger is, it's releasing the engaged piston, moving a few mm (not enough to detect it) then hitting the ABT & being held. The ABT should only work whilst the loading levers open to stop you getting fingers trapped whilst loading should the other safety systems fail.

Okay I will now tell you what to do BUT I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU GET HURT WHILST CARRYING THIS OUT NOW OR AT A LATER DATE BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T RESET THE ABT PROPERLY OR DONE SOME OTHER ALTERATION ACCIDENTALLY.

GET A FRIEND TO HELP YOU

Remove the stock & place the rifle trigger unit upwards with the barrel facing your right.
    Look half way down the unit & You should see a silver washer about 8mm dia with a screw going through & a nut on the other side. THIS IS A TWO PART UNIT & ONE LIFTS UP, IF YOU CAN'T SEE HOW, STOP NOW & PUT THE STOCK BACK ON & SEND IT TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO.
    iF YOUR HAPPY TO CONTINUE,
    Once found cock the rifle to engage the trigger TAKE CARE YOU DON'T TOUCH ANY WORKING PARTS OR THAT ANY PINS FALL OUT.
    WHEN COCKED GET YOUR FRIEND TO HOLD THE LEVER OPEN WITH ONE HAND WHILST HOLDING THE BARREL IN THE OTHER. The ABT doesn't stop the lever closing it holds the pistons....just being safe.
    Now use a screw driver to lft the ABT up, your friend should be able to close the lever now & the rifle SHOULD FIRE WHILST YOU HOLD THE ABT UP. It won't hurt just the once.
    JOB DONE!

Now get the rifle set up or serviced. Many people service & try to repair these rifles them self & many do so quite successfully whilst not understanding how they really work so fail to check the safety aspects. Others. like one I have here, ruin a good rifle which is now is only good for spare parts.

If you need more help please email me as I don't come on here very much WD.
    Thanks W.D. problem solved thanks to you,. looks like new seals required I.d appreciate any help (email add required)

Thank you W.D., problem solved thanks to you. Looks like new seals required. I would appreciate any information you have to help with this. (email address required) thanks again.
    Cheers BomarBob