Thread: FWB 300 S questions

FWB 300 S questions

I got my sticky fingers on my new to me 300 S today.

A couple of questions re the diopter sight.

Mine doesn't have the rubber eye piece , just a knurled disc. Did they come like this ?

Also the arrangement for fastening the diopter sight to the rail.

Mine has the finger screw on the right above the cocking lever, ordinary screw on the left.

Should it be the other way ? It's not fouling the lever but seems it would make more user friendly on the other side .

Does it really matter

I've got another question but its even dafter than the above two so I'm not asking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    I got my sticky fingers on my new to me 300 S today.

A couple of questions re the diopter sight.

Mine doesn't have the rubber eye piece , just a knurled disc. Did they come like this ?

Also the arrangement for fastening the diopter sight to the rail.

Mine has the finger screw on the right above the cocking lever, ordinary screw on the left.

Should it be the other way ? It's not fouling the lever but seems it would make more user friendly on the other side .

Does it really matter

I've got another question but its even dafter than the above two so I'm not asking it.
    Pretty sure they all came with the rubber thing. No great loss, though, IMHO.

And that the big screw was always on the right.

Try the third Q. There are no daft Qs, only daft answers, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Pretty sure they all came with the rubber thing. No great loss, though, IMHO.

And that the big screw was always on the right.

Try the third Q. There are no daft Qs, only daft answers, as they say.
    Ok.

It came with two stocks. I've taken the action off the lefty stock and mounted it on the righty stock.

All is good.

I'm left with the lefty stock, it has a black cup mounted on the bottom rail at the front , I'll be buggered if I can screw it off its thread without risking smashing it .

Should it come off / unscrew ?

The plastic cup / shroud is on a threaded bolt affair with a spring loaded ball bearing in the middle .

I assume for a rest set up and the legs are missing ??

Not sure what accessories were available for this rail, maybe this cup is just the adaptor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Ok.

It came with two stocks. I've taken the action off the lefty stock and mounted it on the righty stock.

All is good.

I'm left with the lefty stock, it has a black cup mounted on the bottom rail at the front , I'll be buggered if I can screw it off its thread without risking smashing it .

Should it come off / unscrew ?

The plastic cup / shroud is on a threaded bolt affair with a spring loaded ball bearing in the middle .

I assume for a rest set up and the legs are missing ??

Not sure what accessories were available for this rail, maybe this cup is just the adaptor ?
    Sounds like the remnants of a small bipod or handstop. Not, I think, original. Just rip it off. Maybe after applying some penetrating oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Sounds like the remnants of a small bipod or handstop. Not, I think, original. Just rip it off. Maybe after applying some penetrating oil.
    If its not useful i will just leave it.

Thank you for assisting a learner.