Thread: Theoben rapid mods

Theoben rapid mods

Hello gents I have the opportunity of buying an old rapid mk1!! Now I know there are mods that you can do on these guns but just wondering what you guys would reccomend to get the best out of the gun and improve both accuracy consistency an general performance!!!
    I do not want to know about power mods or anything like that!!!

Cheers
    Adam
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Your best bet would be joining www.rapid7ownersclub.co.uk
    The guys on there really know their rapids inside out.
    I have two mk1s that shoot 100% of what you would expect of a modern pcp
    Because of them you couldnt ask for more chap!

rapid mk1

second what the man above said, got two mk1s,177, and .22 and they really are the bis.
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    Hello gents I have the opportunity of buying an old rapid mk1!! Now I know there are mods that you can do on these guns but just wondering what you guys would reccomend to get the best out of the gun and improve both accuracy consistency an general performance!!!
    I do not want to know about power mods or anything like that!!!

Cheers
    Adam

One of these should do the trick

http://www.huggettprecisionproducts....s/default.aspx

http://www.milbro.co.uk/ben-taylor-rifles

All the advice I've ever had about rapids has suggested buy a bog standard One that has not been messed with.

The early mk1 triggers always got slated, mine has trigger shoe fitted that makes all the difference.

I would also suggest fitting a Dr bobs dovetail rail, otherwise your choice of scopes is limited.

One last thing the vortex silencers are not particularly silent, especially on a.177.

Atb
    Sean

most people do say buy a bog standard one , that fine. but the mk1 are very old rifles and not moved with the times there are four sencible upgrades iv done to mine
    1- fitted a theoben air gauge, £85 [unless you count your pellets you dont know how much air you have left]
    2- fit a quick-fill in the block, [i fitted mine for about £50, its a pain taking the bottle of to fill ]
    3- the mk1 / gamo trigger is rubbish [fit a grt 111 or welsh willy trigger blade, £25. make it 70% better]
    4- the std vortex sillencer is rubbish , [ iv got a s/hand awt slip on for £40. or uk neil will mod your internals for £23]
    atb john

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    best thing to do is make sure the gun as not been messed with and as the correct ported valve body in place as ive seen a few rapids that have had new valves fitted as part of the service and the shop/gunsmith have fitted the wrong spec valve,also learn the guns fill pressure,a chrono is a must.if you need any help or info give me a shout.
    kevG

Regulator

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    best thing to do is make sure the gun as not been messed with and as the correct ported valve body in place as ive seen a few rapids that have had new valves fitted as part of the service and the shop/gunsmith have fitted the wrong spec valve,also learn the guns fill pressure,a chrono is a must.if you need any help or info give me a shout.
    kevG
    Hi kev g is there any chance you can sort my reg out on a mk2 rapid