Thread: HRPC Sunday 25th November HFT and 60 Point Challenge

HRPC Sunday 25th November HFT and 60 Point Challenge

We will be hosting our next HFT shoot on Sunday 25th November. As its not light as early we will revert to winter hours, open the plinking range at 9 and get the shoot underway at 10 ish.

This shoot is open to all responsible shooters of UK limit air rifles and will generally conform to UKAHFT rules (with some minor variations to add interest). The safety brief will be at ten and we’ll get the shoot started straight after. You MUST be at the safety brief to shoot. Costs are £6 for members and £7 for guests.

Our course is located at Ultimate Events, based at Holmbush Farm, just off the A264 between Horsham and Crawley, address below:

Ultimate Events
    Crawley Road
    Faygate
    West Sussex
    RH12 4SE

Its well sign posted from the dual carriageway (A264) as Holmbush Farm World and Holmbush Paintball.

Once you get to the site follow the signposts to Ultimate Events, go past the paint ball area and you will come to a large car park. Be aware that this is an unpaved forest road and a bit rough in places (also watch out for the deer).
    From the car park walk past the toilets, through Checkpoint Charlie and straight through the airsoft muster area. We are located a short way down the hill into the woods but look around for any other shooters and ask directions as it’s easy to get lost. Now that we’ve put a mew roof on the plinking range you can’t see it from the hill anymore. We check the car park regularly so we will find you if there's nobody around. There might be a few airsofters but they’re pretty easy to recognise and stay out of our way. If anybody wants to know more or needs directions then PM me or e mail to info@hrpcuk.com.

The 60-point challenge will also be running for this shoot. This is outside the normal shoot so you don't have to enter if you don't want to. The rules are simple, pay an extra £1 and it goes into the pot. The pot will then go to anybody who clears the course. If two or more people clear it on the day it will be split between them. Currently the pot starts at £121. If nobody wins it by the time it reaches £150 were going to cap it at that so it doesn't get silly and detract from the shooting.

We mix the course up every time so nobody (including HRPC members) gets the chance to learn it. We have more than 60 targets to choose from, most of which can be shot from more than one peg, and well more than 30 pegs. As the targets and pegs are chosen by whoever's setting the course on Sunday it changes every time. As I said it’s based on UKAFT (ranges and kills) but a few of our targets and pegs are deliberately set to add a twist. However, every target gets killed on the day and the course has been cleared once so it can be done. Depending on expected numbers it might be a full 30 peg course or it might be 15 shot twice, you’ll find out on the day.
    If you want to enter let us know when you sign in. You have to be in it to win it.

Cheers

TERRY
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Awesome, looking forward to this.
    Bob

Looking forward to it. Jon and I will be there
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

Thumbs up

Thanks Terry,

Looking forward to shooting there again.
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT

Loving the signature Bob

"ISP Airstream + £1000 scope KILLER" hahahahahaha thats gonna ruffle a few feathers
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Yeah but...

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
    "ISP Airstream + £1000 scope KILLER" hahahahahaha thats gonna ruffle a few feathers
    Yes but, its a big killer in a small pond

I wish I could hit stuff with a springer
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    Yes but, its a big killer in a small pond

I wish I could hit stuff with a springer

If a boinger is a big fish then an ISP is a shark !
    Regardless of the pond size.

duunnn dunnn... duuuunnnn duun... duuunnnnnnnn dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn dunnnn

I’m totally confused��
    I get the dun dun dun bit but not the scope killer bit.
    Think I need a lie down.
    ��
    Ford Rifle Range - The Monaco GP of HFT

Richard Dreyfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie123 View Post
    I’m totally confused��
    I get the dun dun dun bit but not the scope killer bit.
    Think I need a lie down.
    ��
    Charlie

Its Bob going all Richard Dreyfuss on us...shark killer...

I believe Bob may have been making reference to his ability to make even a fairly inexpensive rifle shoot really well, so well it beats much more expensive rifles...one thing he forgets is his ability.......give a mediocre rifle to a good shot and he is still a good shot
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Nope Bob likes to stay close to home. Think his wife wears the trousers. Takes the piss out of me all the time but to be fair has won fluck all because he always seems to bottle it when it matters. But hey what do I know. But then again the big comps have cronhographs. Sardine anyone?

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Chomp chomp

Sharks would starve if it wasn't for sardines

X Factor really is sh1te....

Oh my days "to be fair has won fluck all" hahaha
    I've been chronoed loads of times in SIHFT (once at Buxted, surprisingly) 760 fps
    There should be a rule that makes springer shooters shoot OVER 750fps

Lol, unsurprisingly, you get me 100% and you will be welcomed into the Springer shooters guild with open arms. Go on, the dark side is calling.
    Last edited by Bob P; 24-11-2018 at 10:23 PM.