Thread: Target master and RS62- powder specific issue

Target master and RS62- powder specific issue

Hi all,

I’ve used my targetmaster without Varget and n140 without issue. I’ve noticed when using rs62, once the dispensing tube has stopped rotating (and the powder should stop flowing), that randomly (but frequently) the powder continues to flow.

This means that it is totally unreliable. It seems that this particular powder has less friction and just continues to flow once it is inside the tube. Has anyone else noticed this?

My last reloading session was incredibly frustrating!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Targetmaster - All powders run/flow at a different rate, have you extended the adjustable front leg on the trickler unit out to it's maximum extension? Are you using the extended micro feed tubes?

As above, adjust the level to prevent powder dribble, I experienced the same the RS60
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    I think Dave Bonwick of the shooting shed made some sort of adaptor to arrest this...might be wrong (called it a "thingy" ONO). Give him a shout

https://shootingshed.co.uk/oscom/pro...roducts_id=176
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    I think Dave Bonwick of the shooting shed made some sort of adaptor to arrest this...might be wrong (called it a "thingy" ONO). Give him a shout

https://shootingshed.co.uk/oscom/pro...roducts_id=176

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. - Dave's thingy from the shooting shed is for the RCBS Chargemaster to stop overrun on the charges. The front leg on the Targetmaster can be extended to the point where nothing flows out while it's running.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. - Dave's thingy from the shooting shed is for the RCBS Chargemaster to stop overrun on the charges. The front leg on the Targetmaster can be extended to the point where nothing flows out while it's running.
    yep, sorry, wrong master. Tree now peed on
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Thank-you for the replies. I have managed the fine tune the height to avoid overspill, but of a pain to set up at times, but overall a great bit of kit.