Thread: S410 accuracy problem.

S410 accuracy problem.

I just got a second hand S410 which appears in great condition. It will fire shots bang on at 30 yards as expected but then every 3-5 shots it will shoot high. Other experienced shooters are getting the same issue so I know it isn't me. Mounts are all tight, pellets are not the issue and there doesnt seem to be any air leaks / pressure build up, Chrono also consistent.

Has anyone experienced this who can give advice please?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike last View Post
    I just got a second hand S410 which appears in great condition. It will fire shots bang on at 30 yards as expected but then every 3-5 shots it will shoot high. Other experienced shooters are getting the same issue so I know it isn't me. Mounts are all tight, pellets are not the issue and there doesnt seem to be any air leaks / pressure build up, Chrono also consistent.

Hi bud just a thought, May be worth checking the cylinder/barrel band, The grub screws sometimes work loose, Worth checking.

Hi , normal procedure would be to check the magazine for correct alignment when cycling ,does it have the issue on the same shot number? Try single loading and see if accuracy improves.I am sure other members will give more in depth things to try, but this is what I would try first ?

Three thoughts:

Check that nothing external is loose, especially the stock and barrel band.

I know you say pellets aren't the issue, but just to be sure try some different sizes/batches. I assume you are using Air Arms pellets.

If you've still got a problem, give the gun a thorough clean and service. Usually this sort of intermittent problem is caused by dirty hammer rail or valve stem, occasionally by a loose pot.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi bud just a thought, May be worth checking the cylinder/barrel band, The grub screws sometimes work loose, Worth checking.
    This would be my first thought as well.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

You don't say if you are using a silencer, if you are try it without it. If the pellets are clipping you will see silver streaks around the exit hole.

My S410 was clipping the silencer from new and had to go back to AA for a new barrel. An FX I had also clipped and the only remedy was to drill out the baffles and exit to 8mm.

Thanks all. Everything is tight but it does seem worse with a magazine, I’m wondering if a misalignment is causing damage to the pellet skirt. I’m using JSB exact and no silencer.
    Mike

Thanks all. Everything is tight but it does seem worse with a magazine, I’m wondering if a misalignment is causing damage to the pellet skirt. I’m using JSB exact and no silencer.
    Hi,like I said before have you tried single loading? If you do and accuracy returns then mag/indexing could be the problem .

Have you cleaned the barrel ?

Crackshot aren't far away from you near Bovey Tracey.

Pop in and see if Kevin will have a look for you. Tell him Rich from Shebbear suggested you call in, that will cost me a pint.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee