Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
Had to think a bit about precisely why o-rings aren't the best choice to replace the stock square-section seal. Note the positioning indent on the exhaust valve body; this is the shallow hole in the body that can be seen through the hole in the compression tube. These holes when perfectly aligned mean that the exhaust port is perfectly aligned at the same time. So, when installing the exhaust body, you want to place a rod of the precise diameter that fits these holes, then, with that positioning rod in place, fully tighten the exhaust nut, without the exhaust body moving at all. This usually doesn't work with an o-ring... as I recall.
Good tips, thank you. I might have some time to do some further testing later today, and then I'll report later.
I'm confident I'll get this 107 to work better.
The extactly-fitting-rod-in-the-indent technique is a good one. Until now I've lined the hole up, and then tightened the exhaust nut, which does make the exhaust body move slightly. And could cause the transfer port to work less efficiently.
@ Ped, valve grinding paste it is.
I will also order some parts from JG Airguns. My sister is in Santa Barbara, so she can take some parts back with her