Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosman Town & Country 107

Crosman Town & Country 107

Hi, today I received a Crosman Town & Country from the States.
    Many thanks to DT Fletcher for spotting it on Fleabay and letting people know on the American Vintage Airguns forum.
    The seller told me it's a .22... It's a .177. So a T&C 107.
    Serial no. 25. I guess it's from 1948 then. In original condition.
    With original seals... It needs to be re-sealed.
    I have a seal kit from Mr. Rick Willnecker over in Pennsylvania, so it will be interesting to disassemble the gun and repair it.

Last edited by jirushi; 25-11-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Wow awesome a 107 by surprise what a bonus! Looks awesome does it shoot or need a reseal?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Wow awesome a 107 by surprise what a bonus! Looks awesome does it shoot or need a reseal?
    Thanks! It cocks, but it doesn't hold air. This I knew so I had a seal kit sent over with the gun. The next evenings will be dedicated to T&C disassembly.
    The fridge is filled with some nice beverages in case I have a few frustrating moments haha. I believe this gun requires some special tools, but we'll see.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Thanks! It cocks, but it doesn't hold air. This I knew so I had a seal kit sent over with the gun. The next evenings will be dedicated to T&C disassembly.
    The fridge is filled with some nice beverages in case I have a few frustrating moments haha. I believe this gun requires some special tools, but we'll see.
    Cheers
    Never had mine apart but I think they take this tool, you can make it.

https://www.bakerairguns.com/product...l-for-crosman/

Nice Louis, very very nice!

These are such nice rifles; everything is brass even the barrel spacer. Dead accurate and the easiest pumper I have to pump. And very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    These are such nice rifles; everything is brass even the barrel spacer. Dead accurate and the easiest pumper I have to pump. And very quiet.
    I agree. It's very easy to pump, much easier than my Blue Streak and 140. And a lot quieter indeed. The Blue Streak is more powerful though, and I can use it for plinking with 2 or 3 pumps, whereas I've found that the T&C needs at least 6. But those are 6 easy pumps. It's very accurate and well balanced and the trigger is great. They sure knew what they were doing when they designed the T&C! It had to compete with the Sheridan Super Grade. I saw a Super Grade got sold for silly money the other day on Gunbroker. I'd love to buy one one day, but they are above my budget atm...

May I ask how you got it over here? I have seen a few Crosmans on fleabay usa and I would love to be able to import one (or two )

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    May I ask how you got it over here? I have seen a few Crosmans on fleabay usa and I would love to be able to import one (or two )

Cheers
    Good morning, there's a company in California called Airgun Exporter, which is run by a Dutch man called Vincent van Gerven.
    If you want I can pm you his contact details. I buy something on Fleabay, have it sent to Vincent, and then Vincent sends it to Europe and takes care of all the paperwork.
    I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, but my parcels go to Belgium, as apparently customs are better in Belgium. At Schiphol Airport they sometimes stay for "inspection" for months. This Belgium way has worked very well so far. I've used both UPS and USPS. USPS is much cheaper and it was actually quicker and easier too.
    Vincent might know about possibilities to send to the UK. I'm sure it's legal, it's just a question of whether the customs officials know the law and what they have in their hands.
    Cheers

Hey Louis, that's a nice find, looks in great original condition.

Well done and good luck with the re seal.

If you get stuck, you know who to call

if your stuck for a tool let me know Louis I can always knock one up for you

I agree. It's very easy to pump, much easier than my Blue Streak and 140. And a lot quieter indeed. The Blue Streak is more powerful though, and I can use it for plinking with 2 or 3 pumps, whereas I've found that the T&C needs at least 6. But those are 6 easy pumps. It's very accurate and well balanced and the trigger is great. They sure knew what they were doing when they designed the T&C! It had to compete with the Sheridan Super Grade. I saw a Super Grade got sold for silly money the other day on Gunbroker. I'd love to buy one one day, but they are above my budget atm...
    It will be interesting to see the power of your new T&C when you get it sealed. I find mine to be more powerful than you are describing. 3 pumps for plinking?

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    if your stuck for a tool let me know Louis I can always knock one up for you
    Thank you very much for your offer ped. I'll let you know, cheers.

@45flint, I mean that with the Blue Streak, I have found that 3 pumps give enough "umpf" to do some tin can plinking. I've tested up to 30 meters, and it's accurate.
    With the T&C, I need to pump at least 6 times to get enough power to do any shooting.

Thank you very much for your offer ped. I'll let you know, cheers.

@45flint, I mean that with the Blue Streak, I have found that 3 pumps give enough "umpf" to do some tin can plinking. I've tested up to 30 meters, and it's accurate.
    With the T&C, I need to pump at least 6 times to get enough power to do any shooting.
    I think your T&C is just not giving full power? Here are my numbers this morning with Crosman Premiers 14.3 22 cal.

Pumps. FPS
    3. 433
    6. 580
    8. 626

At 8 pumps the average Streak is just about the same, maybe a little higher. I asked that question of Streak owners this year on another forum, low to mid 600s

That’s why it will be fascinating to see what your new one will do with a reseal. I’m betting your surprised, it looks to be pretty much untouched? I don’t think I’ve ever seen Chrony numbers for a .177.
    Last edited by 45flint; 27-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Good morning, there's a company in California called Airgun Exporter, which is run by a Dutch man called Vincent van Gerven.
    If you want I can pm you his contact details. I buy something on Fleabay, have it sent to Vincent, and then Vincent sends it to Europe and takes care of all the paperwork.
    I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, but my parcels go to Belgium, as apparently customs are better in Belgium. At Schiphol Airport they sometimes stay for "inspection" for months. This Belgium way has worked very well so far. I've used both UPS and USPS. USPS is much cheaper and it was actually quicker and easier too.
    Vincent might know about possibilities to send to the UK. I'm sure it's legal, it's just a question of whether the customs officials know the law and what they have in their hands.
    Cheers
    Don't get your hopes up, as they no longer ship to GB