Thread: Crosman Town & Country 107

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the dump valve guns are best stored empty from a piece I read as generally the charge sneaks past the quad seal-not 100% sure on this myself but I tend to cycle my 130's/1300's - 140's and my 760 once every month same as I do my firebird and spitfire
    I have a bam b45-3 and have left that charged for long periods along with sharp innova's and ace's but they use a moving sealing pin unlike the crosman's that uses a sealing cap

That's good to know Ped. You have reminded me to fire my Spitfire and Firebird

By the way is there a particular brand of lapping paste that you could recommend for the 107 probe?
    It must be fine. I suppose that autosol polishing paste is something totally different?

stuff I have is at least 30yrs old I bought when I rebuilt a 21/4 s111 landy engine
    any automotive valve grinding paste will do

As per my post in the general section: the 107 is probably working better than new since yesterday, thanks to Ped's skills and knowledge.
    Amazing. Ok, it's not the most efficient pumper. But 11.1 ft/lbs at 12 easy pumps ain't bad either for a .177 from 1948/49.
    If only DT Fletcher could read that I have finally managed to solve the droopy pump arm issue lol (RIP).
    It was down to a badly worn pump arm link pin hole and pin.
    To up power, I tried a new pump cup and a leather pump seal from JG Airguns, both to no avail.
    In came Ped with this double o-ring'd pump head. And an o-ring'd pellet probe.
    It was a bit tricky to find the exact correct pump rod length. Now it cams over nicely.
    Result.

Great read....