Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
The forearm lever is still droopy hehe.
Tonight I finally had some time to work on the 107 again, after all the Christmas parties.
I have the (man?) flu, so I will have plenty of airgun tinkering time

Right, I tested several pump rod length settings.
Greater length, even past the point where the air hole "works", still wouldn't cause over toggling.
Whilst closing the pump arm, I could still see movement of the pump rod, which I think means that it hadn't hit the valve wall yet.
When there's no air in the valve, the pump doesn't stay in place.
After 1 pump, with the gun being cocked (so that air stays in the valve), the pump arm does actually stay in place.
Is the air bubble in front of the pump cup giving the required contra pressure for over toggling to happen?
I also wondered if there might have been a ring in front of the valve wall, when the gun was built? A ring that makes contact with the pump cup, so that over toggling takes place? I don't know.

What I do know is that the maximum velocity that I found previously, 545 ft/s with 8 pumps, is the maximum velocity that I have found today too. Exactly 545 ft/s again. Will try lapping the probe at some point. For now I'm ok with the droopy lever, it doesn't affect my masculinity too much
One last question that I have: in the pump arm assy, there is a spring. Does the strength of this spring have any effect on the pump arm closing ability?

Oh, in DT Fletcher's book "The Literature of Crosman", there are some great photos of T&C ads and of General Hinds and Mr. P. Y. Hahn looking at the new T&C rifle.
I'm not sure if I may share them on here though.

It's good practice to store pump guns with a pump or two in to preserve the valves from the ingress of dust so that would keep your droopy arm closed.