Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
Very cool that everything inside looks so good! Looks like the outside, little used or well cared for gun. I’m no expert having resealed only one gun but it was a 1949 101 with the same pump cup. I remember having the same issue. As I remember I had to cut off the old pump cup so that round nut was totally exposed. Wrapped leather around it and used my long grippers and it finally broke free. I’m pretty sure it was not lock-tighted? I don’t remember heating it but I have a micro torch I use for this and I could have, but doubt it.

If I were you I would reseal the gun and see if you really need to change it? It looks pretty good? But your there and can examine it better, it may be rock hard? I really think mine is still working with the old seals, but that may not be true? Can’t wait to see the numbers you get when this is resealed. Should really represent what a 107 was capable of.

Inside you see the advantage of the Crosman design of this era, well built and easy to reseal.
Thank you for the advice. You're right, I should have left the pump cup and tried it after resealing the rest.
But yesterday evening I was in this disassembly mode, and that can be a dangerous thing: I then really want to solve each problem asap, and this sometimes leads to hasty decisions.
I cut off the old pump cup and then tried to unscrew the brass nut, using not leather but thick cloth - no movement, and some minor grip marks. Damn. I used a diamond file to repair the light grip marks, and it's all good now. But still this nut won't move! I will try using a piece of leather tonight. A new pump cup will indeed mean that I can experience the best possible functioning of this 107.