Thread: Webley Omega

Webley Omega

Hi, cry for help, I have a Webley Omega, made in England [cylinder is ''engraved'' not stickered]; it has been ''tuned'' and now has a dangerous trigger; and for some reason the trigger adjusting screw has been cut so short so it doesn't actually project through the trigger and is of no use at all. can anyone tell me the actual length of the screw from under head to end please. I know it's M 3.5 but length???.
    Hope someone out there can be of help, and thanks in advance.
    abellringer

Chambers has them 'In Stock' @ £3.64 if thats any help.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hmmm? M3.5 screws...I am pretty sure that the mounting screws in a standard 240v plug outlet or switch front are M3.5 and are available in various lengths for peanuts! (I mean the 2 screws that hold the front to the pattress box)
    blah blah

Total length 13mm, shaft length 10.5mm. Pointed at the business end.

I think M3.5 may well turn out to be 4BA.

Cheers
    Greg

Knowing Webley's love of BA screws, that would come as no surprise, Greg. But not in this instance - it's definitely M3.5. And I was wrong, it's not pointed at the end, it's domed.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Knowing Webley's love of BA screws, that would come as no surprise, Greg. But not in this instance - it's definitely M3.5. And I was wrong, it's not pointed at the end, it's domed.
    That is indeed a surprise! As someone has sort of touched on M3.5 is a very odd thread size. I've known it on scope rings before but never come across it (knowingly) on a rifle.

Cheers
    Greg

Many thanks guys, greatly appreciate the replies; especially Bill57 for the info. I know suppliers have them in stock but I was told there may be variations, as a new to me gun I preferred to know for sure. I have to admit I was surprised at M3.5 and 4 BA is so, so close; I hadn't actually got enough original screw to decide which thread was correct so I did a trial and error with some other screws in the trigger, and it was M3.5. Why a ''tuner'' would want to cut this screw down and put a small coil spring in the trigger possibly in place of it, I have no idea, but the trigger was very dangerous.
    Again many thanks, I can now hopefully have a nice gun that's also safe to use.
    abellringer

When Greg mentioned the 4BA possibility (quite logically) I tried the screw in the rearsight mounting holes, which I know are 4BA. It went in about two turns then jammed due to the pitch difference. I then compared it to the aforementioned electrical screw, and it was a perfect match.

Webley were always a bit bizarre in their choice of threads, 4BA for rear sight mounting screws, 2BA for trigger pressure screw, foresight lock screw, 0BA for Tracker/Osprey front stock bolt, then they have that horrible front trigger guard screw, and 3/16" BSW screws for front stock screws on the break barrels. Just to keep us guessing.

There's a trigger on that auction site with the screw included, looks like a round end, worth buying a full trigger for £11 just for the screw? And it's not mine btw, not trying to bump the sale before anyone suspects underhand tactics.... I was thinking of getting a spare on for my Eclipse and reshaping it, always thought they look a but too chunky, or is that just me?