Thread: Air Match 600 repairs

Air Match 600 repairs

Hi fellow airgun enthusiasts
    Originally posted few days back in the general forum.
    I am new to this forum and hoping some air gun gurus out there can help with a beautiful old Air Match 600, a 1988 ish vintage match air pistol that a friend asked me to look at for repair purposes, apparently dead in a closet lo these 20 years. This side lever single stroke pump pistol is beautifully Italian made but a number of the seals are defunct and I am unclear where I can get replacements, notably the 101041 rear seal, 101045 barrel seal, 101037 valve seal 101039 seal for threaded plug, 101042 rear seal and last but not least 101036 valve bush. She also lacks the 101086 plate that locks the barrel rotation.
    Any help with replacement parts for this handsome old piece would be much appreciated, please do let me know if you have parts and price, with thanks.

She came in a fitted wooden box with brass corners and an Olympic sticker on it, so maybe has an illustrious history, I would just like to see her shooting again, no pressure when cocked currently, you can hear air hissing past seals that look to have been carved a bit.

A secondary but possibly more soluble problem is the pistol currently will not cock and there does not appear to be any engagement when the side lever is extended and retracted with the trigger mechanism, neither is there any apparent effect of the use of the "dry fire" lever this pistol is equipped with. I have done a preliminary strip and clean of the main parts of this pistol and would appreciate any advice from more experienced airgun pistol smiths as to how the trigger group engagement with the cocking mechanism operates, it looks like this she is lacking the 101086 plate for barrel rotation which might explain the problem of not cocking.
    All help and advice accepted gratefully. A nice piece.

For reference; I am a basically skilled amateur gunsmith and normally deal with cartridge, not air, arms so this a learning curve for me. Thanks to all for help with this
    great old piece.
    best regards
    Somniosus

Som, I have owned a couple of these. I don't worry about getting the seal numbers I just measure them with a vernier and source the sizes online. They are easy to fix until you start stripping the back end which is a fragile alloy casting. I had one that was cracked in the pressure chamber but was able to fix it inside with plastic metal. The main pump head seal is an O ring which I found easily, this is the main one that wears. They should only be lubed with a very tiny amount when assembling and no more after that.The dry fire and cocking sometimes fails due to side play in the lever, I just used a thin washer under the E clip to pack it out. They are lovely pistols and push out more power than some other SSP competitors.

Regards, Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

My Air Match 600 also had a leak - but unfortunately mine was due to a fracture in the main air chamber casting and there are no more of these available.

I was advised by the last known UK importer/distributor for Air Match that this was not uncommon, but he still had one of the few steel pressure cylinder castings that had been made for the special "team issue" pistols and I bought this along with all the other spare parts that he had left as a "job lot".

I enjoyed shooting the pistol and it did have more power than any other SSP type that I have owned.

When I sold the pistol I gave all of the spare parts that I had bought to the new owner.

As long as your leak is not a problem with the pressure cylinder casting, "O" rings should be easy for you to obtain and fit.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I am refurbishing a FAS 604. At the moment it has a left hand grip, but one of the members is sorting a right hand one for me. I will have this available in mid January if you are interested in a swap.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD