Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossendale MTC - Temporary range closure

Rossendale MTC - Temporary range closure

Our club range will be closed this Thursday as we make the preparations needed to fit our new target changers.

We will be making and fitting the backboards "on-site" and then giving them a good coat of primer/undercoat and topcoats before the final fit.

The various paint applications all need time to dry properly and we do not have access to the range every day so between now and mid December we may miss a few more Tuesday and Thursday evenings until the work is completed.

We will be taking the opportunity for a bit of a tidy-up whilst we are at it, so over the next coupe of weeks or so I will post here to let anyone know when we will be shooting (on the existing NARPA style pellet catchers) and when we will be closed.

Naturally we are keen to get our new HARO target changers into action as soon as we can, but we want to do the job properly so everything works well and looks smart and tidy.
    Last edited by zooma; 12-12-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Official opening?

An official opening perhaps?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post

Have Fun
    Robin
    More like vandals have broke in and decorated it.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    More like vandals have broke in and decorated it.
    You were our last "guest" last night - but hopefully we can clear everything up before we start work

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post

Have Fun
    Robin

If we can find a couple of well known target shooting dignitaries to come and open it for us (and maybe do some rifle coaching at the same time) I think it would be an excellent idea!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You were our last "guest" last night - but hopefully we can clear everything up before we start work
    Won't leave much time for painting if you have to clear up after him Bob...
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If we can find a couple of well known target shooting dignitaries to come and open it for us (and maybe do some rifle coaching at the same time) I think it would be an excellent idea!
    Im busy that day.

Im busy that day.
    So are we !

We fitted the new back-boards to the rear cellar wall last night after they had been given their first coat of primer/undercoat.

The new 5 position 10 meter shooting positions have been measured out and everything is looking good at this stage.

Next Tuesday we will remove and paint the back-boards and re-install them permanently on the Rawlbolts so we can start to fit the first target changer backplates to them on the following Thursday - so basically there will be no shooting at Rossendale MTC on Tuesday 4th or Thursday 6th December.

There is still a lot of work for us to do but we hope to be completed and back in action by Christmas (this year!)..or sooner!

All of the installation work has now been completed and we have fitted the five new target changers so we should be "operational" again next Tuesday when they will be used for the first time!

Naturally an "official" opening would be nice so we will use next week as "installation nights" just to make sure that everything is working as well as it looks and then we will see if we can find a celebrity guest to officially open the range for us - but I know its a long drive from Norfolk

Its only over 'T big ill' from Blackburn.

Instead of wasting a perfectly good bottle of Champers why not smash a Wobbly pistol to bits? Count me in. :-)

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Its only over 'T big ill' from Blackburn.

Instead of wasting a perfectly good bottle of Champers why not smash a Wobbly pistol to bits? Count me in. :-)
    Get up off your knees I.J. - you're not going to be invited.......
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Get up off your knees I.J. - you're not going to be invited.......
    I will have you know Im not on my knees. Im always this height.

I will have you know Im not on my knees. Im always this height.
    We found the steps that you used to reach and change your targets very handy when we were fitting the new back-boards - and I was surprised how high they were

Now we can leave them behind the shooting benches so when you visit next time you wont struggle so much to see over the table.

We used the new target changers at the club last night and everything worked perfectly so we are happy with the fit and the dedicated lighting and are now open again and enjoying our new improved facilities.