Thread: Help!

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated

Question Help!

Crossman 2240 fitted steel breech, power spring, power adjuster etc. still only making 3.1 ft lbs over the chrony. Tried tightening the adjuster but you just get to the point where the hammer spring will not cock! after several strings powerlet went thud and assumed empty but strangely there was no drop off of power towards this point. I've opened up to change the Co2 and I can't get the empty one out! now I've tried hitting the end with a rubble mallet I'm a little bit wary of drilling into the Co2 pellet as there will be swarf going into places that don't want it. Any ideas folks?
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

Micky with the power problem sounds like you are going to have to strip it anyway so the CO2 capsule will be exposed. I have had the capsule stick in my 2250 quite a few times so I just made a small hole in the side of the tube so I can just push the capsule out easily (see pic). There is no gas pressure in the cylinder, the capsule seals into the main valve body. Regarding the low power it could be a number of things. Have you checked the seal in the transfer port, sometimes they deform when being assembled and partially block the port.

Baz

https://i.imgur.com/imatM1k.jpg
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 28-11-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Oh wow that is one blinged up gun! I wound up doing a complete strip down and removed the Co2 cart still attached to the valve ! I then had to put the Co2 cart into the vice and knock the valve off with a spanner/mallet combination not nice. On reassembly I found the transfer port seal loose in the gas chamber and fitted it correctly this may be the poor performance cause as it has been poor from new so I believe the quality control at assembly was at fault. Tired now but will run a string tomorrow and see what that brings.
    Thanks very much for your input, drilling the side of the air chamber seems like an idea if this becomes a persistent problem.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Mick
    Micky Spillane

Well sadly non of the above wrked, this pistol is still only producing half of the advertised power. Unfortunately, a) I have lost the receipt from Greenfields who in all fairness offered me a replacement gun and b) I have been fiddling with it so have probably voided my warranty. £110 for a pistol that didn't match up to the advertised specification plus the expense of all the add ons that I purchased in good faith saying that they would produce the required result. Not bank breaking disasters but my trust in some things (like GMAC Customs and Crosmans) is a thing lost for ever.
    Micky Spillane

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Ref low power look at getting a modified firing valve from TR Robb. I got one for mine and had to turn the power down!

If a capsule sticks, remove the cylinder end cap and 'cock' and fire the pistol usually does the trick!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

As above.....if a capsule sticks I just recock the gun and fire and out pops the capsule.....
    Crosmans can be a little low on power and not as advertised, but there are so many ways to tinker and play with these.....5.5 ft-lb is well achievable in the pistols and still a good shot count. I have longer pellet probs.....stronger hammer springs, you can have ported transfer ports too, but that put me the wrong side so got removed, I might try again with weaker hammer springs...

Cocking and firing to loosen the capsule doe not work in a lot of cases I have fixed. The piercing pin is just punching into an already existing hole in the capsule. Some I have weighted the capsule with heavy magnets and fired at the same time and still remains in place. What I do in most fixes is open the brass seal recess slightly and fit a harder polyurethane capsule seal.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Ref low power look at getting a modified firing valve from TR Robb. I got one for mine and had to turn the power down!

If a capsule sticks, remove the cylinder end cap and 'cock' and fire the pistol usually does the trick!
    Harrumph! TR Robb doesn't seem to do them anymore. Not on the website anyway.
    Thanks for taking an interest though.
    Micky Spillane

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Spillane View Post
    Well sadly non of the above wrked, this pistol is still only producing half of the advertised power. Unfortunately, a) I have lost the receipt from Greenfields who in all fairness offered me a replacement gun and b) I have been fiddling with it so have probably voided my warranty. £110 for a pistol that didn't match up to the advertised specification plus the expense of all the add ons that I purchased in good faith saying that they would produce the required result. Not bank breaking disasters but my trust in some things (like GMAC Customs and Crosmans) is a thing lost for ever.

It's a bit unfair to rubbish GMAC over what sounds like a faulty valve in your gun. How many shots did you get from the Co2 that got stuck? I've never had a Co2 cap get stuck to the extent yours was & I've built a fair number of them.

https://imgur.com/a/tNLdpgr
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it