Thread: Airgun Collection for auction.

Airgun Collection for auction.

Forty six of my airguns are for auction at Bamfords Derby on 5th/6th December. Included are a Braedlin made by Greener, early M&G. Ansonia, ,25 calibre Millita and a BSA underlever (Winchester Style) made by me to the original patent drawing.
    Selling by auction was the only way that I could sell a large quantity of airguns as I could not keep asking on here for valuations. I really appreciate the valuations given to me over the last year or so by forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by elanmac View Post
    Forty six of my airguns are for auction at Bamfords Derby on 5th/6th December. Included are a Braedlin made by Greener, early M&G. Ansonia, ,25 calibre Millita and a BSA underlever (Winchester Style) made by me to the original patent drawing.
    Selling by auction was the only way that I could sell a large quantity of airguns as I could not keep asking on here for valuations. I really appreciate the valuations given to me over the last year or so by forum members.
    Best of luck with the sale, Mac.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

The lots are listed here, from lot 3526 onwards:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...h=False&page=3
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Mac,
    Quite taken with the BSA that has been made with the Winchester style cocking lever, looks very interesting. Just a pity it's too far away, I think I'd be bidding on that if its as good as it looks. Is it based on a BSA standard with normal mainspring, if so how easy is it to cock? Did you do the work on it? All the best with the sale.

It's an original BSA with a modified piston. On the down stroke of the lever it compresses the original spring by about one third and on the up stroke it completes the action. It is nice to shoot and as accurate as a Standard file. The automatic safety works by moving the cocking link out of contact with the piston when it is moved to the fire position.
    Mac

Only 35 mins away bamfords.
    Will have a go at the Lincoln Jeffries

Quote Originally Posted by elanmac View Post

Hw77 looks nice

Could have sold them here

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    A cased Service MkII for, potentially, £60.
    I love auctioneers' estimates
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    A cased Service MkII for, potentially, £60.
    I love auctioneers' estimates
    Some of the estimates are certainly of the 'come and buy me' school.

Bamfords is the local auction to me. I live just a couple of miles away. I used to check what they were selling. The estimates are always low, but air rifles and pistols usually sell for high prices, especially when you add on the near 20% in buyers fees! I've seen rifles sell for ridiculous prices and these days I don't even bother checking what is being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunj View Post
    Bamfords is the local auction to me. I live just a couple of miles away. I used to check what they were selling. The estimates are always low, but air rifles and pistols usually sell for high prices, especially when you add on the near 20% in buyers fees! I've seen rifles sell for ridiculous prices and these days I don't even bother checking what is being sold.
    Shaunj It looks like you will do well as some of your items have 29 watchers which is a rare level of interest.