Thread: Ring my bell.....

Ring my bell.....

Bought a cheap bell target this week (Tone, impatience got the better of me and I paid P&P). Set out at 6mtrs in the garden today, what fun!
    Tried it on a range of air rifles from the cabinet. 1920's Milita, FWB 300s (mmm, nice..) and cheating I know but one of my HW30's has a 1.5-4 x 26 scope, so that got wound back to x2.5 and it was as clear as a bell (bad pun). Great fun, rang the bell with all tried (FWB the most consistently), even my missus was impressed .

Use a pistol for a real challenge .....
    Cheers, Phil

Nice one bud sounds like a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Nice one bud sounds like a lot of fun
    Chris, set it up in the garden, shooting from the man cave with 6/7 fpe air rifles, it was good fun, all standing unsupported. Mind you, by the end of it I had a wobble on similar to a night at the bash...

Nice one Sir
    Did you have a go with your Bsa model D ??.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Nice one Sir
    Did you have a go with your Bsa model D ??.
    Les..

Les, I haven't chrono'd it yet, but I think it's running a bit more than 7fpe, so I hung back. Anyhow, I keep coming back to it with wire wool and 3in1 . The Milita was interesting. I think it's a 'parlour gun'. It's smooth bored .177 and puts out a mighty 3fpe. I can't fit tight pellets as they get stuck in cycle, so it's the good old Wasps and Marksman's put to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Use a pistol for a real challenge .....
    Cheers, Phil
    I'll have to put a cart' in my CP1 and give it a go at some time. Bit more of a challenge, as you say.

Mark, I can fully understand the impatience getting the better of you; I'd be the same.

Great to hear that you're putting it to such good use.

What do you think to the overall build and robustness?

If all goes well and I get some fun tokens at Christmas I think I'll have to treat myself as I've fancied one for ages. I'll shout up for the chap's contact details if all goes to plan.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mark, I can fully understand the impatience getting the better of you; I'd be the same.

Great to hear that you're putting it to such good use.

What do you think to the overall build and robustness?

If all goes well and I get some fun tokens at Christmas I think I'll have to treat myself as I've fancied one for ages. I'll shout up for the chap's contact details if all goes to plan.
    The front plate is 4mm stainless. The bell is 2.5mm. It seems pretty robust, but could do with a housing. I put mine on a paving stone to pick up flattened pellets. The guys number is on a pm I sent you. He had made 10 off.