Thread: FWB 127 Front Sight

FWB 127 Front Sight

Hi,

Anyone have an FWB 127 mark 1 front sight for sale or know where I can get one? I would like to try shooting with open sights but don’t seem to be able to find one anywhere.

Any help much appreciated,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Hi,

Anyone have an FWB 127 mark 1 front sight for sale or know where I can get one? I would like to try shooting with open sights but don’t seem to be able to find one anywhere.

Any help much appreciated,

Ed
    Look at the front sights on this page,

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/misc-parts.html apparently they stock one that will fit,but I have no idea whether it's any good or not and looking at the pic it may be plastic!
    Last edited by mrto; 01-12-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks. I did see that one but it seems to be a plastic sight. I might have to go for it if I don’t have any luck, but would prefer to find an iron sight if posssible.

John Knibbs list one http://www.airgunspares.com/store/category/64/527/FWB/ , if you have a dovetail fixing rather than the "round the barrel " type.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    John Knibbs list one http://www.airgunspares.com/store/category/64/527/FWB/ , if you have a dovetail fixing rather than the "round the barrel " type.
    out of stock
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yes it is the dovetail mount. I thought I was sorted when I found that one on the John Knibbs site, but no it is out of stock.

Only had the rifle for a few days and it has a nice feel to it with a vintage scope mounted, but my plan was for open sights. Unfortunately the front sight was badly damaged and despite me attempting to repair it, it is still a mess. It was the old type with fixed post with a hood, but the hood was all deformed from being bashed onto something. Not sure if the dovetail will accept both this sight and the one with replaceable inserts that I have seen on other rifles?

Thanks guys, the search continues...

FWB Front Sight

They turn up on Evil bay from time to time. Mach 1.5

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I have a sight from an FWB, it fits around the barrel , not dove tail . 15.77mm internal diameter

Can't remember if it came off a 127 or 124
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I have a sight from an FWB, it fits around the barrel , not dove tail . 15.77mm internal diameter

Can't remember if it came off a 127 or 124
    does it have the crosspin /bolt ?

I may be interested as missing one for mine... (and it's not going to fit the OPs dovetail mount)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks, but I’ll try and get one to fit the smaller dovetail on the barrel.

I could do with a front and rear sight for my FWB127 Mk2, just to complete it although am very happy with the telescope.

Smile

Problem solved with thanks to wil95k.