Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley omega triggers

Current update; many thanks guys especially Bill and Donald, those photos will help many people for sure. ''My'' trigger is different to the one in the photo, but that's only a minor variation.
    I did check the piston and it seemed ok, and I did buy a new sear; measuring the overlap on the ''sawtooth'' on the rear sear, where the front sear actually sits; I found that the 'tuner' had removed some metal; the new one had a measurement of 1.1mm; the 'tuned one' was only 0.5mm; hence the gun went off even with the safety engaged!!
    as well as randomly self discharging, or discharging when the barrel is closed. A new trigger adjusting screw and removal of the little coil spring from the trigger, produced a completely different trigger action, now one stage and much heavier and safer.
    Now much happier, and I can now put an Omega trigger back together in a couple of minutes, so not all time wasted. Plus another gun back to what it was supposed to be. Also perhaps a warning, this was a ''tuned'' version; tuner unknown; but it was in fact a dangerous result and could have caused a serious accident, thankfully it hasn't.
    Thanks again guys, lots of appreciation for the time and effort, and I'm sure many others will gain the benefits. ONE UP FOR BBS and ITS MEMBERS.
    abellringer

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Trouble is that there aren't enough Omega triggers around for there to be a pool of experts
    Well done - with you and Donald, we now have two experts

Lol.. no expert here mate, but I appreciate the sentiment! I'm just a tinkerer like most, but learned a long time ago to take photys!
    Glad you got it back together and working safely.
    Donald

Thanks but like Donald, not really an expert, just a nosy enthusiast haha; but I do like to keep guns and shooters going as much and as long as possible. Have to say this forum is great for doing just that, always people willing to help, advice for one person often benefits many others and I'm glad I'm part of that.
    Again I have to say many thanks for the help given, gun now working fine, parts a bit pricey though, but you can't do without them.
    If anyone needs help on this trigger I think we have sorted most of the problems and the one I had was certainly not standard, but as this was my first Omega, I was certainly confused by the layout and it just goes to show not all tuned guns are better than standard ones; and I have to say it's a bit worrying that a supposedly improved gun was in fact so dangerous. Also it showed up several variations of trigger assy's. which is always a help to first time service / repair enthusiasts.
    Big pat on the back guys.
    So have a Merry Xmas and Good New Year everyone; and lets continue 2019 as we end 2018
    abellringer

When it comes to airguns, it's implicit in the term "tuning" that the person doing the work knows what they're doing. Sadly this is frequently not the case - one golden rule is that playing about with sear engagement is a very dangerous road to go down.

Thank you Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Same trigger as my theoben Grand Prix! Saved for future reference. David