Thread: It’s been a long time

Smile It’s been a long time

Hi, after a period of approximately 40 years I’m now the owner of an air pistol again.
    In my youth i owned a couple of bsa scorpions & a pump up crossman along with a selection of bsf/Weihrauch/jackal rifles which I sadly sold to buy a moped when I turned 16.
    I wasn’t sure what to buy this time around so I’ve made an impulse purchase of a used Weihrauch hw45 which I think is a few years old but seems in good condition.
    Just been out zeroing the sights & blasting some bean tins to pieces, I’d forgotten how much fun they are!
    Is there a fix for the pin securing the rear sight creeping out of position? I’ve pushed it back in several times this afternoon.
    Rob

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Rob, welcome back to air gunning, welcome back to air pistol plinking and WELCOME to the Airgun BBS. THE HW45 is imho one of the very best springer pistols out there, so good skittles on said purchase. Regarding the pin slip etc, I haven't experienced that, but maybe it is because of general wear on your example? My shout would be to visit a GOOD gunsmith and see if they can maybe replace the pin for you with a new and non-worn one? Keep us posted. Anyway, back to my opener, and I say again, welcome to the BBS.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks Gareth, just noticed you live in Chelmsford? I’ve just moved away from a lifetime of Chelmsford living-I remember when Ronnie Crows was just behind the high st!
    Rob

Welcome Rob.

But forget it mate. You're just going to get dragged into a money pit.

Stick with mopeds.