Thread: hello from (not so) sunny Sheffield

hello from (not so) sunny Sheffield

hi all,

First post and all that, just recommissioned my old .22 Air Arms TX200 Mk3 after a lay up for several years, dropping by local ranges to zero out the scopes etc and have reminded myself how much fun it can be, so much so am contemplating an FAC application though that will have to wait a while.

Just had to strip and rebuild said TX 200, seems it was a little unhappy at being neglected so long as the aged and brittle piston seal exploded after 30 minutes on the range and I found a broken cocking shoe when I got home. Fitting the new piston seal was awkward until I cooked it some in a cup of hot water.

All sorted and fettled inside and out with plenty of white spirit, IPA alcohol to clean then moly grease and a little silicon oil, recently fitted a nice Hawke 6-24x50 Ir I picked up in a local 2nd hand shop that puts my old leapers accushot to shame clarity wise. Oddly enough when I was buying the scope another customer in the shop was muttering about selling his old NV kit so I had a little chat and made a note of his number after reviewing pics on his phone of various unhappy looking rats. Seems he has a few local shoots so just picked up a red LED shooting lamp on fleabay, yh its cheap chinese stuff but most are these days and they all have the same LED's in anyhow.

Now I just need a rough shoot and will have to call the guy from the shop as having read about jugged hare I really fancy trying cooking one up and washing it down with some of the nice french red I have been maturing over the last 10 years or so, I usually save it for those special Christmas and celebratory dinners but I have a feeling the old chateauneuf will wash down some jugged hare a treat.

So back in my shooting breeches I be!

Welcome to the forum fella

You sound like you will fit right in with the other springer nutters that we have onboard

Nick