Thread: Beeman C1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beeman C1

Hi,
    I'm looking for a Beeman C1 with safety (so a 2nd or 3rd variant).
    Many thanks Louis

Louis must it be the Beeman ? Think my friend still has a Webley Vulcan for sale. Think the only difference is the stock shape, and I think the barrel may be a little shorter.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Louis must it be the Beeman ? Think my friend still has a Webley Vulcan for sale. Think the only difference is the stock shape, and I think the barrel may be a little shorter.

Baz
    I thought the C1 action was a Victor (which is know is rather similar to the Vulcan )
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I thought the C1 action was a Victor (which is know is rather similar to the Vulcan )
    As far as I know the Victor has no safety like the C1 type Louis wants. The Vulcan is quite pokey, every one I have worked on is around 11 ft.lb.
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 02-12-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Baz
    Thank you Baz! I will think about it. A C1 would be even nicer, as I love the stock design and the American aura (well, made in Birmingham for Mr Beeman ).
    Kind regards,
    Louis
    Ps. Just picked up a Saxby & Palmer Ensign, legal over here, and a Cap Chur Model 50, made by Crosman and based on the 160. Very interesting!

The C1 points like a shotgun, so plinking fantastic fast. Like the Vulcan MKI packs a punch and a bit lively. Full power in a small package. Trigger a tough old thing. But keep to farmyard ranges then they hit stuff. Open sights is the way to keep them.
    Well worth looking out for.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Thank you Baz! I will think about it. A C1 would be even nicer, as I love the stock design and the American aura (well, made in Birmingham for Mr Beeman ).
    Kind regards,
    Louis
    Ps. Just picked up a Saxby & Palmer Ensign, legal over here, and a Cap Chur Model 50, made by Crosman and based on the 160. Very interesting!
    They are also legal here, just need a licence. The C1 is basically a Webley Vulcan with a shotgun stock fitted. Still got my Firebird ? They are the best rifle to use as a testbed, miss all my experiments. You are accumulating and I am selling, must be my stage of life ! You need the Cap Chur in your profession.

ATB, Baz

They are also legal here, just need a licence. The C1 is basically a Webley Vulcan with a shotgun stock fitted. Still got my Firebird ? They are the best rifle to use as a testbed, miss all my experiments. You are accumulating and I am selling, must be my stage of life ! You need the Cap Chur in your profession.

ATB, Baz
    Hi Baz, yes I definitely still have your Firebird. It is a great rifle. John blueprinted it and I enjoy shooting it a lot, with all calibers.
    Yes I am accumulating, which sometimes gives me sweaty armpits as it is an addiction, without wanting to be funny.
    The Cap Chur is indeed purely out of necessity for my profession as a small animal veterinarian
    Louis

Baz, “Shed”,

You are both wrong and both right.

The C1 is a C1.

Vulcan: Vulcan stock, full power spring. Safety.

Victor: as above, but Victor stock, lower power spring. No safety.

C1 (early): C1 stock, full power spring. No safety. 14” barrel.

C1 (late): as above, but safety.

My gut feeling is that most C1s were the early type, and that most of the later type went to the States.

Berman C1

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a Beeman C1 with safety (so a 2nd or 3rd variant).
    Many thanks Louis

I was in Protek Supplies at Bognor Regis today. They have a very nice Beeman C1 for sale.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    I was in Protek Supplies at Bognor Regis today. They have a very nice Beeman C1 for sale.
    Do you remember the price?

beeman c1

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Do you remember the price?
    No sorry it didn't have a price on it, give them a ring.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!