Thread: Beeman C1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Its a .177 and shoots Hobbys at 875, so about 12 foot pound. No safety early model. It’s a very interesting gun in that it’s so unusual with the English straight stock and carbine length. It shoots very accurately but certainly has a springer jolt to it. I haven’t shot it very much and need to get back at it. It was a impulse buy at one of my first gun shows, it’s seemed way too cheap for a perfect example, knew I could sell it later for more if I didn’t like it. It’s one of Tom Gaylord’s favorite guns, he says this gun taught him the artillary hold.

I agree it’s probably best with open sights, the scope rail has no stops. The scope rail dead ends into the end cap which “supplies” shape edges to tear into your scope mounts as they want to move back. Probably could have worked something out but just went back to open sights which I think make sense with a carbine anyway.

Here it is with a Diana 50 and Crosman 108 for comparison: interesting the 108 is shorter but feels more massive, they weight about the same.

Very nice! That's a lovely trio!

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Very nice! That's a lovely trio!

Not my thing, but I know Troubledshooter has a boxed minter of the rifle in the picture, all far too modern for me though....

I must admit I've scanned the usual sales sites for a C1 more than once recently. Then onto carbine barreled Webleys...
    Good thread.

Here are photographs of my boxed .177 C1, as good as the day it left the shop;

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Here are photographs of my boxed .177 C1, as good as the day it left the shop;

Yours is one of the earliest, identical to mine, the first series started with 8? Some had a letter in front? Anyone have a serial number higher? Be interesting to speculate on how many were made. These aren’t a real common find over here? Interesting that all were Beeman rifles, but I guess he had the stock designed.

Last edited by 45flint; 07-12-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks for starting this thread, I had bought my C1 a year or two ago and kind of forgot about it as I quickly added to my collection. This thread gave me a change to explore it a bit more. It really is a very cool rifle. Made with Webley quality and love the compactness and the stock. It is very consistent in shooting if you seat the pellet, varing in FPS by only 1 or 2 FPS. As someone mentioned it is good to seat the pellet as I found as well the pellet can back out as you force close the barrel.

More probably useless thoughts on the C1. In the Bluebook of Airguns it subtracts 10% of value for later safety edition. Wonder the thought here? I read the later trigger is better aligned given the straight stock but also read the original trigger is milled the later was sinter? Does kind of go with what usually happened with airguns changes, they always seem to be cost effective?