Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

Some say that looks don't count, but are they kidding themselves?

I like nice looking airguns so does anyone else if so what

Modern Dianas

I’ve not owned one, but I’ve always liked the line and proportion of a lot of the contemporary Dianas.

Even the underlevers are pleasing to my eye, in the thumb hole stock particularly.

Cost, local availability and reputation (fair or not) have conspired to prevent me from having one though.
    Last edited by yorkiets; 03-12-2018 at 06:04 AM.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I can't say BSA anymore as they stopped making the Airsporter/Mercury/Challenger many years ago.

Webley did have a decent looking rifle with the Longbow but the Turks *uc**d that up when they put the thumbhole stock on it, losing the graceful lines of the Brum made rifles.

The only rifle(s) to come out of Germany with any decent looking lines are, dare I say it, the Diana 34 120th anniversary edition, everything just seemed to flow right with that one, a classic looking rifle with all the right extras (nice walnut stock, skip line checkering, gold trigger etc), the other rifle which is the only one you can buy now, is it's poorer brother the 34 premium, that looks like the Anniversary editions shadow, same graceful lines but in beech and different checkering, if Diana were to bring out another 34 the same as the Anniversary edition, then I'd go back on my word (and overlook the recent problems they have had) and buy one.

But I still think the Prosport is the best looking springer you can buy today.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

second best ? probably Air arms

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Best looking gun (ok it's a gas ram) I have apart from AA is the Diana N Tec. The carbine is very pretty
    Pete

Gamo?

No, actually it’s Diana.

Genuinely, not teasing you (this time).

The classic stuff looks good as ever, the 280 looks pretty good, the Kar98K looks good in a Kar98K way. Even the THs look quite nice.

Diana continues, as ever, to be the Tottenham Hotspur of airgun makers.

I think as production products from the factory then most of the current offerings of springers from most of the major manufacturers are fairly easy on the eye. Though I've never really gone a bundle on thumbhole stocks, those offered by HW and Diana are quite eye catching.
    I have to say though that as much as I like tye looks of a well designed stock, its practical handling qualities are.more important to me.
    The Diana TH range of stocks whilst good do have an overlong reach from pistol to trigger. As such I think they could have been a bit better designed.
    In saying all this, lash out the cash.n buy yourself a well figured walnut stock and any gun can be transformed.
    Dave

Never owned one, but always like the look of the airsporter stutzen

Diana 340 n-tec, classic action in walnut Luxus stock. I'll post a picture if I get a chance

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Yep the Airsporter Stutzen is (imho) the best looking air rifle ever. Just a shame they don't still make them. The classic in the walnut stock was the N-tec I liked
    Pete

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Diana 340 n-tec, classic action in walnut Luxus stock. I'll post a picture if I get a chance
    Is this the one you mean.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Diana does.

It don't mean they are any good though.

Weihrauch's current offerings are hideous, the stocks are all over the place and cutting the company name in the woodwork is so tacky I cannot believe it can be sanctioned by a German company. Must be playing to the US market. The older ones were reasonably elegant.

I think my stainless and synthetic hw97 is sexy 😀

IMO for off-the-shelf good looks, AA Pro Sport walnut and HW35E.

If we’re talking customisation, then pretty much any HW.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Is this the one you mean.

That's the one. I'll get a photo of mine tonight, nice dark walnut on my one