Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

Some say that looks don't count, but are they kidding themselves?

I like nice looking airguns so does anyone else if so what

Modern Dianas

I’ve not owned one, but I’ve always liked the line and proportion of a lot of the contemporary Dianas.

Even the underlevers are pleasing to my eye, in the thumb hole stock particularly.

Cost, local availability and reputation (fair or not) have conspired to prevent me from having one though.
    Last edited by yorkiets; 03-12-2018 at 06:04 AM.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I can't say BSA anymore as they stopped making the Airsporter/Mercury/Challenger many years ago.

Webley did have a decent looking rifle with the Longbow but the Turks *uc**d that up when they put the thumbhole stock on it, losing the graceful lines of the Brum made rifles.

The only rifle(s) to come out of Germany with any decent looking lines are, dare I say it, the Diana 34 120th anniversary edition, everything just seemed to flow right with that one, a classic looking rifle with all the right extras (nice walnut stock, skip line checkering, gold trigger etc), the other rifle which is the only one you can buy now, is it's poorer brother the 34 premium, that looks like the Anniversary editions shadow, same graceful lines but in beech and different checkering, if Diana were to bring out another 34 the same as the Anniversary edition, then I'd go back on my word (and overlook the recent problems they have had) and buy one.

But I still think the Prosport is the best looking springer you can buy today.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

second best ? probably Air arms

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Best looking gun (ok it's a gas ram) I have apart from AA is the Diana N Tec. The carbine is very pretty
    Pete

Gamo?

No, actually it’s Diana.

Genuinely, not teasing you (this time).

The classic stuff looks good as ever, the 280 looks pretty good, the Kar98K looks good in a Kar98K way. Even the THs look quite nice.

Diana continues, as ever, to be the Tottenham Hotspur of airgun makers.

When it comes to traditional classic looks HW vs Diana underlevers I guess it's personal taste but I know what I like

Also remember the fish scale vote thread the fish scale won so AA do know what they are doing

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    When it comes to traditional classic looks HW vs Diana underlevers I guess it's personal taste but I know what I like

Also remember the fish scale vote thread the fish scale won so AA do know what they are doing

I have to agree with you Barry with the above two rifles, the Diana looks far better, I think the stock on the 77 is an attempt to copy the TX and LGV but it looks like someone traced around a picture of said stocks with a lump of coal, it's to blocky, the problem for me is, I don't like exposed underlevers, thus my love for the Prosport and Airsporter, I just don't like things sticking out where they don't need to be and spoiling the looks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

If we're talking older rifles, FWB Sport and Air Arms Khamsin anyone?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have a few classic and modern springers ,and the Pro/sport is the best looking current model available((don't like the fish scale nonsense ) imo.
    But a nice Webley Tomahawk or Longbow in Walnut is nicer to look at and shoot with .I do prefer the B/ barrel's .
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have a few classic and modern springers ,and the Pro/sport is the best looking current model available((don't like the fish scale nonsense ) imo.
    But a nice Webley Tomahawk or Longbow in Walnut is nicer to look at and shoot with .I do prefer the B/ barrel's .
    Les..
    I have a tendency to agree with you Les, I think a break barrel is much nicer to shoot and is my preferred hunting rifle, due to the ease and quickness of loading, the Longbow is also a damn fine looking rifle.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If we're talking older rifles, FWB Sport and Air Arms Khamsin anyone?
    I think we are talking about current models being made now, otherwise we all know the Airsporter would be up there with the Prosport

Pete

I think the cylinder is too long on the Diana and makes the whole gun look rangy. Also no keen on the under lever fulcrum fitting being visible, would prefer just the diameter of the under lever. The 430 looks more in proportion to me.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I think the cylinder is too long on the Diana and makes the whole gun look rangy. Also no keen on the under lever fulcrum fitting being visible, would prefer just the diameter of the under lever. The 430 looks more in proportion to me.
    Don't forget the reason for the long cylinder its supposed to be the world's most powerful fixed barrel underlever springer that is also the reason for the robust lever, in the US some crank up the cocking effort to over 50 lbs, In the UK its about 15 lbs with a solid wobble free lever
    You could call it the light weight slim jim look at just over 8 lbs

The 430 is more compact and even lighter still but some smaller shooters say its to much cocking effort.
    I like the way we shooters have different preferences otherwise what we talk about

Don't forget the reason for the long cylinder its supposed to be the world's most powerful fixed barrel underlever springer that is also the reason for the robust lever, in the US some crank up the cocking effort to over 50 lbs, In the UK its about 15 lbs with a solid wobble free lever
    You could call it the light weight slim jim look at just over 8 lbs

The 430 is more compact and even lighter still but some smaller shooters say its to much cocking effort.
    I like the way we shooters have different preferences otherwise what we talk about
    Maybe but it doesn't do anything for its looks IMO. I prefer the 280 and 34's for looks and proportions over the underlevers anyway but as you say each to their own!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer