Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    That's the one. I'll get a photo of mine tonight, nice dark walnut on my one
    I think I need one of those!! 😁
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Diana does.

It don't mean they are any good though.

Weihrauch's current offerings are hideous, the stocks are all over the place and cutting the company name in the woodwork is so tacky I cannot believe it can be sanctioned by a German company. Must be playing to the US market. The older ones were reasonably elegant.
    Yes for once I agree, the older ones where elegant, the older HW85 luxus stock (the one that covered the breech block) looked nice, I'm not sure about the look of the newer Diana 34 N-tec stocks, I'm sure it would grow on me but it's not elegant enough to be called pretty, it's not ugly just quirky looking, I think it's the fore end grip bulging out that puts me off.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    The Ntec I saw wasn't blued. It had a nice matt gray finish. The main reason I didn't buy one was that I believe the gas struts cannot be adjusted
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    The Ntec I saw wasn't blued. It had a nice matt gray finish. The main reason I didn't buy one was that I believe the gas struts cannot be adjusted
    The struts are a drop in unit like the AWT ones sold by Theoben a few years ago (so no valve to be able to adjust it), I believe the Diana ones have a different gas in them (I may be wrong on that one) and the strut is put in the other way round than the Theoben one was.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    IMO for off-the-shelf good looks, AA Pro Sport walnut and HW35E.

If we’re talking customisation, then pretty much any HW.
    Exactly right. The visual balance of each rifle is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The struts are a drop in unit like the AWT ones sold by Theoben a few years ago (so no valve to be able to adjust it), I believe the Diana ones have a different gas in them (I may be wrong on that one) and the strut is put in the other way round than the Theoben one was.

Pete
    Hatsan do an adjustable strut . The vortex it's called. Can only be adjusted by stripping the rifle though.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    IMO for off-the-shelf good looks, AA Pro Sport walnut and HW35E.
    Are you saying that you think that this is the second best looking off the shelf airgun sold today.

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/wp-co...E-Zfr.-MB1.jpg

I prefer the look of the Ntec to the prosport and the TX, no flowery checkering! 😜
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Are you saying that you think that this is the second best looking off the shelf airgun sold today.

No that is a minging modern one.

I mean the old 22" barrel one with the lovely walnut stocks, the hog's back comb and the long slender pistol grip.

That is modern one with the chunky monkey stock made of nasty cheap walnut and a 19" barrel with what looks like a robot's sex aid on the business end. Bleurgh.

Best looking springer for me is the Diana 52

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

To my eternal shame, yes

As a teenager, the HW35E was my first brand spanking new air rifle, purchased for around £69 by the meagre wages from fruit picking during a long hot 1970's summer. I never believed any rifle could be so pretty, but then the evil empire that is AA (evil because it bought out and shut down my beloved Falcon) produced the Pro Sport and from that moment on, I turned to the Dark Side.

To my eternal shame, yes

As a teenager, the HW35E was my first brand spanking new air rifle, purchased for around £69 by the meagre wages from fruit picking during a long hot 1970's summer. I never believed any rifle could be so pretty, but then the evil empire that is AA (evil because it bought out and shut down my beloved Falcon) produced the Pro Sport and from that moment on, I turned to the Dark Side.
    An inspiring story and a path we should all follow to righteousness.

Except I left out the first bit and just luckily went straight to the Prosport

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    An inspiring story and a path we should all follow to righteousness.

Except I left out the first bit and just luckily went straight to the Prosport

Pete
    It is thee who should be shamed, not I.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    No that is a minging modern one.

I mean the old 22" barrel one with the lovely walnut stocks, the hog's back comb and the long slender pistol grip.

That is modern one with the chunky monkey stock made of nasty cheap walnut and a 19" barrel with what looks like a robot's sex aid on the business end. Bleurgh.
    I agree, the hideous robot sex-aided HW35E is an abomination and although mine is a new model with 19" barrel, it sports trad open sights and the nicest walnut stock I've seen on a 35E.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Best looking springer for me is the Diana 52

Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The classic stuff looks good as ever,
    We agree.

Of course, 15-40 years ago, we’d have had them and the nice HWs (including factory tyros), and the FWB Sport, and the Webley Tracker, Omega, Viscount, Longbow, Tomahawk, Stingray, AA Khamsin and Camargue (and then stick the PE in the mix too, with the u/levers), Diana 35, 36 and 38 as well as the 52, BSA Mercs and Sporters and Supersports, even the Anschutz 335 (Mk2), some of the BSFs.

Now, they are almost all gone.

Nice looking springers peaked in the 80s, flatlined in the 90s, and died out from the mid-2000s.