Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who make the second best looking springers to AA today

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If we're talking older rifles, FWB Sport and Air Arms Khamsin anyone?
    I think we are talking about current models being made now, otherwise we all know the Airsporter would be up there with the Prosport

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have a few classic and modern springers ,and the Pro/sport is the best looking current model available((don't like the fish scale nonsense ) imo.
    But a nice Webley Tomahawk or Longbow in Walnut is nicer to look at and shoot with .I do prefer the B/ barrel's .
    Les..
    I have a tendency to agree with you Les, I think a break barrel is much nicer to shoot and is my preferred hunting rifle, due to the ease and quickness of loading, the Longbow is also a damn fine looking rifle.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
    Definately
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    When it comes to traditional classic looks HW vs Diana underlevers I guess it's personal taste but I know what I like

Also remember the fish scale vote thread the fish scale won so AA do know what they are doing

I think the cylinder is too long on the Diana and makes the whole gun look rangy. Also no keen on the under lever fulcrum fitting being visible, would prefer just the diameter of the under lever. The 430 looks more in proportion to me.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I think the cylinder is too long on the Diana and makes the whole gun look rangy. Also no keen on the under lever fulcrum fitting being visible, would prefer just the diameter of the under lever. The 430 looks more in proportion to me.
    Don't forget the reason for the long cylinder its supposed to be the world's most powerful fixed barrel underlever springer that is also the reason for the robust lever, in the US some crank up the cocking effort to over 50 lbs, In the UK its about 15 lbs with a solid wobble free lever
    You could call it the light weight slim jim look at just over 8 lbs

The 430 is more compact and even lighter still but some smaller shooters say its to much cocking effort.
    I like the way we shooters have different preferences otherwise what we talk about

Don't forget the reason for the long cylinder its supposed to be the world's most powerful fixed barrel underlever springer that is also the reason for the robust lever, in the US some crank up the cocking effort to over 50 lbs, In the UK its about 15 lbs with a solid wobble free lever
    You could call it the light weight slim jim look at just over 8 lbs

The 430 is more compact and even lighter still but some smaller shooters say its to much cocking effort.
    I like the way we shooters have different preferences otherwise what we talk about
    Maybe but it doesn't do anything for its looks IMO. I prefer the 280 and 34's for looks and proportions over the underlevers anyway but as you say each to their own!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Yep, based on looks and handling, the 280 is far nicer, in my opinion, than the Diana underlevers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Yep, based on looks and handling, the 280 is far nicer, in my opinion, than the Diana underlevers.
    Looks wise what do you think about 280 vs 99 ?

This'll be interesting!

But I think I know what the outcome will be

280 for me, as I had one but it just needs a higher cheekpiece for scope use.

Pete

280 all day long for me. I use my Diana's with sportsmatch low mounts which helps a lot with cheek weld. My 280 has a sabre optics 4x32 from JSR. The supplied one piece mount is fairly low too and the scope matches the gun well.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    This'll be interesting!

280 for me, as I had one but it just needs a higher cheekpiece for scope use.

Pete
    For me, the 99 stock is horrible, the Diana is graceful
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    This'll be interesting!

Pete
    Looks wise, I'd also say the 280. And its handling is lovely. I particularly like the feeling of the action sitting low in the stock.

Photos never seem to flatter many HWs and I feel they're far nicer viewed in "the flesh".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Looks wise, I'd also say the 280. And its handling is lovely. I particularly like the feeling of the action sitting low in the stock.
    I bet you said that through gritted teeth

Pete

Not at all, Pete. I like the 280. Although not desperate to own one, I could see one joining the rest of the boingery toys one day, when budget allows.