Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Umarex Glock 17 gen 4 CO2 availability

Umarex Glock 17 gen 4 CO2 availability

Anyone know when this might appear in the UK?

My local gun shop has been told "next month" for the last six months.

Do you mean the dual ammo version?

I have one on pre-order and am told a few may trickle through this year, but otherwise they will be available early 2019.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

I thought it was BB only.

I have just tested a Umarex SA9 and was impressed with it. A lot of these C02 copies are heavier than the real pistols, but this one feels nice in the hand, and was spitting the bb's out at 380 fps in cold weather.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I have just tested a Umarex SA9 and was impressed with it. A lot of these C02 copies are heavier than the real pistols, but this one feels nice in the hand, and was spitting the bb's out at 380 fps in cold weather.

Baz
    I have a Sig Sauer P226 and it certainly feels very heavy but I haven't held the real thing. It's not that powerful either, but reasonably accurate.

I really like the look of the Umarex Glock 17 and need one for my collection

Quote Originally Posted by bolt_action View Post
    I thought it was BB only.
    The BB version is on sale now, but the new dual ammo version will be released soon.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmoto View Post
    The BB version is on sale now, but the new dual ammo version will be released soon.
    Thank you for that.

Ive been told by a German retailer they are due end of february...

That's blown my Xmas present then

I too have been eagerly anticipating the pellet firing Glock 17 and settled for a BB firing blowback 17 at Kempton with the intention of upgrading when the pellet firer eventually appears.

Actually, the pistol is not too bad. It shoots copper coated lead flawlessly as well as the new frangible Dust Devils. It also shoots to point of aim, despite the trigger, which I am less impressed with. It almost feels like pulling an SUV over a barricade!

A very good effort though by Umarex: almost 100% Glock branding on the box and the pistol does not have any of those white warnings that are a pet hate of mine.

I'll probably settle for an old school pellet firing 17, which will give me an excuse to keep the BB version.

John

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am going to poke my local dealer again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    It also shoots to point of aim, despite the trigger, which I am less impressed with. It almost feels like pulling an SUV over a barricade!
    I tried the Umarex CO2 blowback metal BB version a week or so ago - trigger handles much like that on a real Glock.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

I have the Glock 17 blowback to test from Rothery's and agree with the statements above.

Good sharp blowback too though
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Does the blowback version have a full size mag, or a stick mag?

Quote Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
    Does the blowback version have a full size mag, or a stick mag?
    Full size magazine.
    BE-HAPPY-OK