Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Glock 17 gen 4 CO2 availability

Just had a call from the gun shop. The gen 4 arrived this morning and I will be collecting it later.

Christmas is saved

Tal Arms Christchurch have the dual ammo Glocks in stock.

Leicestershire Air Guns are advertising them as in-stock at £149.99 as well.....

I have to say this gen 4 is one beautiful gun. The quality and detail is exceptional.

I've only had time to fire a few test shots, but I did spend a lot of time stroking it and dribbling ...

"stroking it and dribbling......." Do be careful, it used to be said that doing that too much could make you go blind! Sorry.....

I must choose my words more carefully

Have a good Christmas!

I bought a dual ammo Gen 3 yesterday and a BB Gen 4 in readiness for an Airgun World review.

Before I share my thoughts, I'd be interested in the views of anyone who has shot the dual ammo version, particularly in relation to the trigger.

The Basingstoke members who tried mine this morning are not allowed to reply!

I'd also be interested in the views of anyone who has tried the Gen 4 BB firer, which is the most realistic of the bunch BTW. Does yours feed flawlessly or does it jam?

Kind regards,

John Milewski

I get confused with these Glocks John.

I have a bb kwc 17 lookalike with no Glock markings and a gold colour barrel which works well

I also have a new bb Umarex Glock 17 which is good too.

Not to mention an ISSC M22 which looks like a little Glock with an exposed hammer.

I would have thought the dual ammo trigger would have more work to do?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I get confused with these Glocks John.

I have a bb kwc 17 lookalike with no Glock markings and a gold colour barrel which works well

I also have a new bb Umarex Glock 17 which is good too.

Not to mention an ISSC M22 which looks like a little Glock with an exposed hammer.

I would have thought the dual ammo trigger would have more work to do?
    The dual ammo Glock seems to be based on the same principle as the Crosman PDM9B, which is a real mouthful of a name for a pistol that is based on the Beretta 92.

My Glock's trigger weight is way off the trigger gauge weight scale - probably 30 lbs plus!

John

Im not a fan of these pellet versions- Sigs etc.

The original Umarex CP88 Colt 1911 etc are fine if you are prepared to overlook the rotary mags.

Semi auto co2 pistols work better with bbs .

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Im not a fan of these pellet versions- Sigs etc.

The original Umarex CP88 Colt 1911 etc are fine if you are prepared to overlook the rotary mags.

Semi auto co2 pistols work better with bbs .
    I've had some good experiences with pellet firing Colts, the PDM9B and SIGS, although the latter tend to shoot away from the point of aim and work better with non lead pellets.

However, in the case of the Glocks, my BB firing Gen 3 is the most accurate and consistent of all 3 so far...

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'd also be interested in the views of anyone who has tried the Gen 4 BB firer, which is the most realistic of the bunch BTW. Does yours feed flawlessly or does it jam?
    Bit busy with Xmas at the moment and I've only put one magazine of BBs through the gen 4 so far, but I will give it a good thrash in a few days' time and report back.

As I said in a previous post I can't fault the quality and detail, and I like the fact that it can be stripped.

OK I found time to shoot the gen 4 BB today.

The blowback is nice and hefty, but it was quite cold (8C) and the CO2 cartridge ran out of pressure rapidly after shooting two magazines.

I didn't have time to assess accuracy but can report that it fed 100% reliably and there were no jams.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt_action View Post
    OK I found time to shoot the gen 4 BB today.

The blowback is nice and hefty, but it was quite cold (8C) and the CO2 cartridge ran out of pressure rapidly after shooting two magazines.

I didn't have time to assess accuracy but can report that it fed 100% reliably and there were no jams.
    Thanks for that - Mine seems to have a constriction at the top of the 'mag. In fact, it is so tight that the pistol jams when the action blows back most of the time. Very frustrating as I am incredibly impressed with the realism the Gen 4 offers, such as the supplied backstrap attachments, ability to field strip and the most authentic magazine I have yet seen on a CO2 pistol.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I bought a dual ammo Gen 3 yesterday and a BB Gen 4 in readiness for an Airgun World review.

Before I share my thoughts, I'd be interested in the views of anyone who has shot the dual ammo version, particularly in relation to the trigger.
    Hi John,

My local dealer has just received stock of the Gen 4 BB Glock and the 'dual ammo' version, so I went in over the weekend and had a look at them.

The BB version is a very nice replica of the genuine item, whilst I was not able to try it with gas in, the trigger pull felt like a well tuned genuine Glock trigger, the non blowback Glock 19 has a trigger pull that is comparable to a standard Glock pistol.

I mentioned the comments on here relating to the 'dual ammo' version to my friend who works at the shop and he put a gas cylinder into a dual ammo model to try it out.

The trigger pull to rotate the mag is not too horrendous, but to get the damned thing to fire was ridiculously heavy, overall not impressed by the dual ammo and I will likely buy the BB Gen 4 as overall it is the better replica and any gain in accuracy the pellet model might have with its rifled barrel will almost certainly be lost with the horrendous trigger pull.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.